mtbr member
    Dec 2008

2005 7 Point 7 Frame specs

Just scored one of these frames (19") NIB off of ebay. Anyone know what the HA is? Going to be putting a 160mm Lyrik on it w/ a FSA Pig 1.5 headset. I figure if it is around 69 degree's w/ a 160mm fork she should be great for tight windy single track.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i'm about ready to pick one of these up, same year, $500 for frame/5th element/headset/seatpost/bb. first, sound like a solid deal? seems about right to me, though considering it's a defunct company and a 5 y/o frame i'm not 100% yet. one of the main questions i have is, any way to get a maxle on the back? i'm fairly new to biking, so don't know the nitty gritty tech stuff. i'd love to be able to get it setup with one, not a deal breaker though. any advice? is it even that big of a deal?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    rear spacing is 12mm x 150mm, axles are availible

http://jensonusa.com/store/product/H...Rear+Axle.aspx

If the frame isn't beat to crap, it sounds like a good deal to me, you can pick up a 160mm lyrik off of bikewagon.com right now for $333 w/ a 1.5" steer tube. I think they have totems for a little more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    nice, thanks for the advice. the frame is brand new. any advice on the domain 318? i'd like to go with 180mmish on the front, plus they are even cheaper than lyriks and had good reviews. totems were a few hundred.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    $400 totem here, I would pass on the Domain. 1.5 lower steer tube, w/ a 1.25 upper steer tube. You would need the adaptor for the headset to run it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ROCKSHOX-TOT...item5ada260ae3

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    There are tons of full 1.5" domains on ebay for under $300. There is a mod on here to, supposedly, make them super plush.

BTW:
    2007 7 point HA = 67.5
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2007-Iron-Horse-Bikes.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    http://www.bikewagon.com/Forks-Heads...-p8803635.html

says 1.5 inch, doesn't say anything about taper etc. should work with a 7.7 no?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Should be good.
    You'll need a 1.5 stem to go with it. Search "1.5 stem" under Sporting Goods on ebay and you will see some 40mm and 55mm holzfeller stems for $22 shipped.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    nice. lyrik u turns for 330 sound sick, just don't know how well that'd match up with the rear travel. definitely want this bike to be able to handle pretty much full on DH, 160 sounds just a little short.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Hey, get a set of the shimano saint 83mm cranks for $120 off of bikewagon while you are at it too. It is one of the best deals you can get on cranksets. If you are going to downhill with your bike I would go w/ the 180mm fork. Also on ebay they have the $22 shipped holzfeller stems.

I am going to be running a lyriks 160mm u-turn on my frame as this will be my "trail" bike. I have an 08 7 point intended for heavier use.

Also you can find some Azonic Outlaw wheelsets for $250 shipped on ebay w/ the 150mm rear hub w/ axle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    nice, you guys are awesome!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    http://www.bikewagon.com/Drivetrain/...-p7509400.html

what about that guy? only want two rings, not 3. says no BB, does that just mean it doesn't come with one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    That is a two ring crank with hollow arms that is not the type with the spindle permanently attached to the chainring side. You will need to get a 83mm howitzer BB to go with this. ~$30

Plus side is you could transfer this unit to a bike with a "normal" BB shell with only a new BB.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I HIGHLY recommend this set of cranks. I run these on my 08 7 point and love them. I use a race face aluminum bash guard with it. Also you have to run the shimano saint front derailluer w/ these frames if you decide to run a dual up front. If I recall it is the only one that works w/ these frames.

http://www.bikewagon.com/Drivetrain/...-p7351233.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    taiter, have you committed on anything yet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i know the saint stuff is all supposed to be top of the line, i just can't see myself wanting a 3 ring at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11
    i know the saint stuff is all supposed to be top of the line, i just can't see myself wanting a 3 ring at all.

Thats a simple one, just unbolt the 44t ring off the saints cranks and install a bash guard.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    nice. next pieces i'll be buying are probably going to be fork then wheelset, once i get more funds i'll probably invest in those.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    any thoughts on upgrading from the prod. 5th shock? can those be sold (it's brand new)? i'd love to put something a lot more current on without spending a ton of extra money.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11
    any thoughts on upgrading from the prod. 5th shock? can those be sold (it's brand new)? i'd love to put something a lot more current on without spending a ton of extra money.
    You could send the 5th to Avalanche and have them revamp the internals.
    Best deal for the money since you already have the 5th. Or you could buy a Vivid and keep the 5th as a spare...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I thought i'd pitch in.
    I'm using the truvativ howitzer team bb (~$28) plus the hussefelt cranks (~$50), and I'm very very happy with them. Not light, but hey, it's a AM/FR bike. If you get these, note that the chainline will be a little off to the outside with like 6mm.

I just almost finished building the 6point8 that I got on ebay 2 weeks ago and it really is awesome. Too bad that Iron horse is gone.

Regards