Hey all! I'm new to this forum. I've been reading up on it while I waited to get activated and I must say that I'm really impressed with how Ska Todd and all the other reps are active participants in the forum! ANYWAYS, on to my question:
I went to Performance Bike and I have an opportunity to get a 2003 Hollowpoint Sport for 700 bucks. This certain flavor has a Fox Vanilla R coil shock and the rear pivot thingie (mercy! I'm new at this!) looks rather different than the 2004 model.
1. Is there a major difference in the design between the '03 and '04 models besides specs, and is it enough of a difference for me to just go ahead and purchase an '04 instead (I'm on a budget here)
2. If I have the Vanilla R, do I have the earlier production version or the later one for the '03 year?
3. If it's the earlier model, how can I go about changing out to the later year specs since I doubt the bike shop will do this at the price the bike is at.
4. When I went to put the bike on layaway (while I researched the bike like I'm doing here) I noticed that there was fork oil coming out of the bottom of the Manitou Sport. They're replacing it supposedly, but I haven't gone to check on it. The guy that works there said it's a pretty low end fork... if that's the case, any recommendations on what fork to get? If I do get this bike, I'll probably end up getting new components piece by piece as the year goes by (just like most others do I'm sure) so any recommendations on component upgrades would be very helpful.
5. Last but not least, should I suck it up and just hold out for the MK III and does anyone have ANY CLUE as to how much the lower end spec'd out one will be (ballpark anyone?)
Thank you to those who took the time to read my ramblings and all advice is greatly appreciated. This forum has convinced me that IH is the way to go, especially with the support everyone has around here!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »