Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,224

    2003/2004 IH Hollowpoint Sizing Questions

    Hi,

    I'm considering a couple of used IH Hollowpoint frames but their geometry numbers and sizing are hard to follow.

    Just curious as to what size Hollowpoint you are riding and your height and stem size.

    If it helps to make recommendations I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam.

    Sometimes it seems like a medium would be a good fit and other times it seems like a large would be better. I'm confused and need help.

    Thanks!

    Mark

  2. #2
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    If it helps to make recommendations I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam.
    17" would be my guestimate.

    -ska todd

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    50

    I agree w/ Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    Hi,

    I'm considering a couple of used IH Hollowpoint frames but their geometry numbers and sizing are hard to follow.

    Just curious as to what size Hollowpoint you are riding and your height and stem size.

    If it helps to make recommendations I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam.

    Sometimes it seems like a medium would be a good fit and other times it seems like a large would be better. I'm confused and need help.

    Thanks!

    Mark
    I am the exact same height/inseam. I ride a '04 with a 17" frame and it fits perfectly.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,224
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwstein
    I am the exact same height/inseam. I ride a '04 with a 17" frame and it fits perfectly.
    I agree with a 17" for the 2004 models but what does that equate to with the 2003s??

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,224
    the frame I'm looking at is listed as a 2004 Medium - does this equal a 17" frame or is the 19" frame considered their Medium??

    Help! This is a great looking frame at a great price but I want to make sure it's going to fit.

  6. #6
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    the frame I'm looking at is listed as a 2004 Medium - does this equal a 17" frame or is the 19" frame considered their Medium??
    02-04 Hollowpoint sizing is:

    XS = 15"
    Sm = 17"
    Med = 19"
    Lg = 21"

    -ska todd

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,224
    hmmmm........damn maybe the frame would be too big then. Crap!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    239
    Definitely stick with a small. I'm your same size and a medium would have been too big.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,224
    damn!

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone in MA / Southern NH have an IH Hollowpoint?
    By Burpee in forum Massachusetts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:00 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 10:13 AM
  3. Burner sizing questions
    By Robin1 in forum Turner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 11:06 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 06:56 PM
  5. New hollowpoint, some questions
    By Domdil in forum Iron Horse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •