mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Upset 2001 Hollowpoint Parts Question\Customer Service

I own a 2001 Hollowpoint. It's been a great bike, but I need to replace the rear suspension pivot bolts, bearings, and bushings. Mine are worn out after four seasons of riding. I called Iron Horse customer service two times more than a month ago to see if they had or could get these parts for me. They promised both times to get back to me shortly and never did. I followed up with an e-mail a week ago and have yet to get any response. Not even an obligatory "we'll check and get back to you." I'm getting the feeling that hell might freeze over before anybody gets back to me. Right now I have a Hollowpoint-shaped pile of scrap aluminum sitting in my garage. If Iron Horse doesn't have the parts, that's okay, but I wish they would provide at least some minimum level of customer service and tell me, or work with me on getting another frame. The shop I bought the bike from is out of business, and the nearest Iron Horse dealer to me is 90 miles away, so I've basically been abandoned. Iron Horse any other bike company out there needs to realize that there's more to the business than just pushing bikes out the factory door. When somebody has a problem, it's generally in the company's best business interest to try to help them out. There are a lot of other bike companies out there. I was actually planning to at least buy another Hollowpoint frame until this happened.

If anybody can either: a) tell me where to get the above-mentioned suspension parts, or b) tell me how to get customer service at Iron Horse to respond, I would be most appreciative.

OldTeen
    Jun 2004
    I have found IH customer service to be quite good. They have taken care of me in upgrading my early 2003 rear suspension linkage to the newer 2-position style. When I phoned I've always been able to speak to someone, or at least leave a voicemail. When I left a voicemail, they always called back within 24-48 hours. Great advice and they know their products well.
    BTW- I'm also in an area with no local IH dealer, and my LBS's charge outrageous $$$$ for working on any bike line they do not sell.
    I LOVE my Hollowpoint, so that customer support line is very important to my cycling fun!!!!!!

Industry Loudmouth
    Terminator,

Please contact the Iron Horse customer service manager Sean Gregg at 800-645-5477 ext 229. He has noted that he sent you an email but did not get a confirm that it was you. I am away overseas right now so I can't personally take care of this for you, sorry.

-ska todd