mtbr member
    Jul 2004

2 Ironhorse Hollowpoint Experts out to pasture

Hello there,
    Me and a friend both bought 03' Hollowpoint Experts and love them. We had a swingarm replaced last year on one of them. I was out on the trails yesterday and noticed that my front derailler was shifting all crazy. Upon inspection, I noticed the frame (seatpost tube) was broke in half! After making my way back to the truck, I rushed home to inspect the other bike. Low and behold, there is a crack right below the weld on the seatpost tube. The same spot that the other bike had broken.

I know Ironhorse will make good on this. At this point I have a few concerns. Will I be able to get new frames by this weekend? We have a planned trip. Will the frames come with new swingarms? There is already another crack in the new swingarm starting. And lastly, what color frame will I end up with?

Hopefully someone here can give me their experiences.
    Thanks,
    Gotwalp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Industry Loudmouth
    First and foremost: call Bruce at 800-645-5477 ext 209 and get the ball rolling asap!!

Will I be able to get new frames by this weekend? We have a planned trip.
    We can definately work something out.

Will the frames come with new swingarms? There is already another crack in the new swingarm starting.
    If the swingarm is cracked, yes.

what color frame will I end up with?
    Most likely black.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Todd,
    I called Bruce, but he said I have to deal with a local bike shop. Unfortunately we do not like to deal with our local bike shop. So I am looking into a bike shop the next town over. Anyway, it does not look like I'll have the new frames for this coming weekend. Bruce said it takes about 2 weeks to go through the whole deal. We'll just postpone the trip until we get them back.
    Cheers,
    Gotwalp

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwalp
    Thanks Todd,
    I called Bruce, but he said I have to deal with a local bike shop. Unfortunately we do not like to deal with our local bike shop. So I am looking into a bike shop the next town over. Anyway, it does not look like I'll have the new frames for this coming weekend. Bruce said it takes about 2 weeks to go through the whole deal. We'll just postpone the trip until we get them back.
    Cheers,
    Gotwalp
    You do have to deal with the shop as a ship-to location (we can't ship direct to you). I don't want you to have to postpone your trip though. With standard UPS ground back/forth of frames it does take approx 2 wks. Call me direct at ext 206 and I'll try to work it out for you and get the ball rolling with some creative thinking!

-ska todd