Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

08 Sunday Finally Build , What Do You Guy's Think !

7K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  miguel 
#1 · (Edited)
#31 ·
Had few ride's on the bike and it's really stiff, compare to my 06 sunday i had.
I could really fill the improvements they made.The 06 sunday diffrents between the small and med, was top tube and wheelbase , bottom bracket to seatpost was the same 17' so my freinds that rode my 06 that are 5'7-5'8 felt ok on the small 06 sunday because it was not a true small 16'. Now they jump on my 08 sunday witch is a true 16' , & they fill the horse too small to ride .. Soo base on that i would say med...
it's good to hear good feedback on the color's..:cornut: rock on

#33 ·
miguel said:
Had few ride's on the bike and it's really stiff, compare to my 06 sunday i had. could really fill the improvements they made.
Considering there shouldn't be ANY difference in stiffeness between 05, 06, 07 and 08 Sunday's, that's quite a feat.

If you indeed feel a difference in stiffeness, it could be 1) there was something wrong with your 06 Sunday. Like loose links 2) you have stiffer wheels on your new Sunday.

#34 ·
well in 05 - 06 sunday's they had weak hardware witch in many sunday's created
a play in the suspension, belive me i had twice change all my pivot's on my 06 , will fill fine at first , but then the play came back.. In 07 & 08 the harware is diffrent better larger bolt's the upper linkage plate's are desing diffrent and also the bottom tube is slim down,
wheels on my 06 ,i had hadley's on mavic's ex729 so wheel's where not a weak point..same quality on my current 08 sunday....so far my 08 has been trouble free finally !
cheer's.....

#36 ·
yes they are the gravity light's 165 83mmshell, they fill solid
had saint's on my old sunday & i dont notice the diffrence between the two
as far as stiffness, but the saint's appear to be more solid as far as taking hit's
but i'll find out if the gravity light's could do as weel, had them only for two month's..
if your looking to build a light race bike the gravity lights are the way to go..

#46 ·
Yeah the Chris-bling hub's do add a bit of a shine
to the rig.. & no i'am not sponsored by Monster .
I just figure the decals will give it a ,Sam Hill look... i guess
plus they look killer with the color's........
& for how much was everything ? let's just say i didnt know
that wallet's could go on diet's , ouch ! - $

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.