mtbr member

08 MKIII frame value?

I'm looking to move my parts over to a different frame and going to sell the MKIII. It's in great condition and wasn't ridden all that much or very hard. I haven't been able to find a single dent, ding or scratch. It has the Manitou Radium R shock and is the [sort of] olive green color (I bought the lower end complete bike and upgraded all the components). I'm going to throw it up on craigslist and maybe ebay, but not even sure how much this frame is worth to people now that Iron Horse has gone under. Picture is in my profile if you click on my name. I'm just trying to find out what a good listing price would be for the frame with shock.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    I've seen them go for 350-400 for a decent clean frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeline
    I've seen them go for 350-400 for a decent clean frame.
    Thanks for the response. I didn't figure I'd get much of one because of how dead this forum section is. I appreciate the reply.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    Thanks for the response. I didn't figure I'd get much of one because of how dead this forum section is. I appreciate the reply.
    No worries. Not very many I.H. riders. I think I have only seen maybe a half dozen I.H. MKIII and Sunday riders in a 50 mile radius of me. Usually the comments I get on my '07 MKIII is, "Wow...you still ride that?" Love the bike but the frame is a bit heavy. I plan to ride it until I save more cash for another DWLink frame or (cross my fingers) hopefully the rear triangle doesn't break. Happy trails!

knock-knock...
    I bought my mkIII frame used (but never ridden) for 300 plus shipping, fwiw.

I think you might be able to get that or a bit more, depending on who you are selling to.
    i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I bought my 07 MKIII elite (black frame = better resale) used but in very good shape for $280 + ship on fleebay with fox shock (better comp than yours) 1.5 years ago before IH was really out.
    I would be surprised if you get 350-400 for used as someone suggested. They were selling new at dealers around that price couple months back... then again you can't get them anymore. good luck.

I now ride a Mojo (love it).

mtbr member
    Oh well, I suppose if I can't get any money out of it, I could always make wall art out of it. My girlfriend would looooove that. Haha.
    LMB

dontcha?
    I picked up a NOS 2008 black w/shock, extra rear dropout and headset for $350 shipped from ebay a couple months back..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."