eci

05 7POINT... Ska Todd???

Will it be available for frame only purchase???

I have an 03 sgs expert and would like to replace it with the 7point.(was gonna get the "sunday" but bought a foes mono instead)

Does it have a 1.5 HT? Whats the HT angle

Thanks!!!

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Will it be available for frame only purchase???
    not yet. currently the only ones available in frame kits are the Sunday and Azure. I have no idea whether this will change in the future, but for now those are the only ones we're offering.

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    I have an 03 sgs expert and would like to replace it with the 7point.(was gonna get the "sunday" but bought a foes mono instead)

Does it have a 1.5 HT? Whats the HT angle

Thanks!!!
    Yup, all of the FR/DH bikes have 1.5 HT, more for structural integrity than to run a variety of forks, that's just a side benefit. Believe that the HT angle should be around 67-68deg, but I'm not sure of the exact number. Eh, don't feel bad about the mono, I'll forgive you since you haven't ridden the sunday yet.

mtbr member
    so the 7point description is a little misleading, is this truely a freeride bike that can take big hits? or is it a beefed up hollowpoint like it implies?

This year I'll be in the market for a bike for taking some beefy drops (Seatac stuff, Whistler etc), being able to go fast downhill (not racing so doesnt need to be a strict dh bike) a bit of peddling and I was leaning towards the 05 Big Hit, but the 7point5 looks very interesting is it comparable?

Any idea on the msrp on these things?

Look foward to haring from ya ska todd, thanks

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    so the 7point description is a little misleading, is this truely a freeride bike that can take big hits? or is it a beefed up hollowpoint like it implies?

This year I'll be in the market for a bike for taking some beefy drops (Seatac stuff, Whistler etc), being able to go fast downhill (not racing so doesnt need to be a strict dh bike) a bit of peddling and I was leaning towards the 05 Big Hit, but the 7point5 looks very interesting is it comparable?

Any idea on the msrp on these things?
    Think of it as a freeride/bikepark bike that pedals as well as a Hollowpoint. It has a 1.5" HT and 12mm thru axle in the rear. It is by all means made for "freeriding".

Retails should be approx
    7POINT3 - $2000
    7POINT5 - $3000
    7POINT7 - $4000

Final pricing will be announced around Interbike time.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    Think of it as a freeride/bikepark bike that pedals as well as a Hollowpoint. It has a 1.5" HT and 12mm thru axle in the rear. It is by all means made for "freeriding".

Retails should be approx
    7POINT3 - $2000
    7POINT5 - $3000
    7POINT7 - $4000

-ska todd
    Sounds like you guys at IH are going to kill this year. What's the warranty info going to be on the 7point?

Is it the same frame throughout the 7point series?

It really sounds like the new Specialized Enduro SX Trail has a competitor this year, being able to take big hits but still trailable. Can't wait to see these in stock at Supergo and read some reviews.

Anyone know if Supergo will put on a different fork for the price difference? Something cheap/reliable like the new Stance Kingpin on the 7point3 could make for a nice economical bike worthy of riding at Whistler

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd

Retails should be approx
    7POINT3 - $2000
    7POINT5 - $3000
    7POINT7 - $4000

-ska todd
    any chance of a 7point frame kit? i really dont wanna have tobuy a complete and sell off my old and dandy parts

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

7point5 vs stinky deelux

whats the difference in intended use, performance, geometry, etc? looking to get a new bike so any replies are appreciated