mtbr member
    Jan 2004

03 SGS Team headset question...

I would like to run a 03 Boxxer w/Romic crown on my frame. If I go with a standard 1.5 to 1.125 reducing headset, will the stack height be too high for that or will I have to go with the intergrated headset with the E13 reducing cups? SkaTodd??? Anyone???

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaaa31
    I would like to run a 03 Boxxer w/Romic crown on my frame. If I go with a standard 1.5 to 1.125 reducing headset, will the stack height be too high for that or will I have to go with the intergrated headset with the E13 reducing cups? SkaTodd??? Anyone???
    I am not 100% versed on the Romic crown but I assume it comes in a flat and drop crown style. I personally would run a flat crown w/ e13 reducer cup on the top and a Cane Creek Double XC or FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5R on the bottom. This will keep your HA a little slacker but still keep the bar height down.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    I am not 100% versed on the Romic crown but I assume it comes in a flat and drop crown style. I personally would run a flat crown w/ e13 reducer cup on the top and a Cane Creek Double XC or FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5R on the bottom. This will keep your HA a little slacker but still keep the bar height down.

-ska todd
    So I would only need to buy one E13 reducing cup and run the bottom half of the reducing headset on the bottom and the top half of an integrated headset on top?

Have you had any expeiences with just running a reducing headset in place?
    Last edited by schwaaa31; 03-07-2004 at 12:46 PM.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaaa31
    So I would only need to buy one E13 reducing cup and run the bottom half of the reducing headset on the bottom and the top half of an integrated headset on top?

Have you had any expeiences with just running a reducing headset in place?
    Correctamundo! I've run both the e13 cup top & bottom and the standard reducer headset on the bottom/e13 cup on top. For 03 frames I would recommend a standard reducer on the bottom & an e13 cup on the top. 04 frames geometry was adjusted to use e13 cups top & bottom.

-ska todd