mtbr member
    Mar 2006

What jockey wheels fit the Rohloff tensioner?

Anyone know what, if any, jockey wheels besides the Tacx ones supplied as OEM (and available as replacements) will fit the Rohloff tensioner?

I've got no problem with the Tacx jockey wheels, but the sealing on the bearings might as well not be there,given how quickly the bearing lose their grease and seize.

I've actually got a lathe, so I could machine bushings as required, if I have to, but I'd prefer to be able to just pop new jockeys in, with minimum hassle.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    This is no place for logic and facts; this is the internet.

mtbr member
    I've used the original jockey wheels on my Rohloff tensioner for years with no maintenance. Been touring on muddy dirt roads and lots of wet road riding. I'm surprised to hear yours failed so quickly.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I've used the original jockey wheels on my Rohloff tensioner for years with no maintenance. Been touring on muddy dirt roads and lots of wet road riding. I'm surprised to hear yours failed so quickly.
    Must be mountain biking in the mud that does it.I've gone through several sets, and so have a couple of friends who also run Rohloffs on mountain bikes.
    This is no place for logic and facts; this is the internet.