mtbr member
    Aug 2008

What does the kit come with?

Ok, my nice new shiney Alfine arrived today and inside was just three things.

I have ordered the sprocket, and the twist shift, and the centre lock to 6 bolt converter..

But I only see the main hub, a siler ring and a white plastic U shaped clip.

The actuall "thing - I think they are calling this the cassette joint (CJ-8S20)" that you attach the gear cable with, does that come with the shifter or is that ordered seperately and if so what is it correct name and where should I order it from - OR is this missing from my box. (on my instructions I am referring to image "D")

Goat of Legend
    I just got mine put together. The hub comes on its own. Then you have to order the shifter which comes with the shifter, cable, cable housing, and the cable stop.

The Alfine small parts kit comes with the green, blue, white, and silver non turn washers, the cassette joint, snap ring for your cog and a dust cover that sits between your cog and the cassette joint.

Cheers!

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks.. was getting a little concerned that I needed to order more bits and delay the start of things... cheers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yep. Get the small parts kit and everything should be good.