It's about showing up.

Rohloff Scout Pilarcitos in Ft. Ord

I brought Rohloff's Neil Flock down to Monterey to scout our latest High School Racing venue in Ft. Ord with my son Miguel. Neil rides a Moot's 29er Softtail with, of course, a hub and Miguel is on his Lenz Rohloff. When I got back to the parking lot (they drop me like a bad habit) there was s small crowd looking at his bikes, spinning it around the pave.

The other blue bike is a Rip 9, with hub and King-Bling which he was dropping off to a customer. Always has really nice bikes.

Oh, yeah, the course? 8.1 miles 2400 ft elevation, climbs, single track, tricky ups and fast downs. It was nice, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Good to see some more Rohloff users out there slaying dirt.

Cheers,
    BFE

It's about showing up.

At a camp my son did in February

the mechanics in charge of safety checks and such looked at the hub askance. Later they said "well, that is pretty interesting." They said no more but it said volumes about doubt as if it were a recumbent foldable tandem MTB or something. This is why Neil is trying to get it out on the race course. We were hoping for a nasty mud-fest of a race where people twisted off derailleurs and busted chains but it didn't happen.