awesome

Rohloff + post mount brakes

I have seen post mount rear brake frames like the Turner Sultan converted to Rohloff via the torque arm. See this thread for example: Sultan and Rohloff ?

Anybody successfully converted a post mount HT frame?

I would like to convert an On One Parkwood HT frame with rear post mount brake (135mm spacing) by using use a PM to IS adapter + a Monkeybone so I can skip using the torque arm.

Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Just in case you didn't realize your rear brake will need to be IS mount for that to work.

My problem was my brakes are PM and there are no PM + IS + PM adapter, that's why I tried to make one...

Ended up with torque arm, works great.

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Just in case you didn't realize your rear brake will need to be IS mount for that to work.

My problem was my brakes are PM and there are no PM + IS + PM adapter, that's why I tried to make one...

Ended up with torque arm, works great.
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify my idea was to use a Monkeybone on top of an a2z pm to is adapter, the pm brake caliper would then go on the monkeybone. This would be the order:

frame - pm to is adapter - monkeybone - brake caliper.

I guess the issue would be mounting the monkeybone on the adapter, or would the caliper end off center?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dblspeed View Post
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify my idea was to use a Monkeybone on top of an a2z pm to is adapter, the pm brake caliper would then go on the monkeybone. This would be the order:

frame - pm to is adapter - monkeybone - brake caliper.

I guess the issue would be mounting the monkeybone on the adapter, or would the caliper end off center?
    Unfortunately that wont work. The adapters give you the correct caliper height for the specific rotor you run. Stacking them will put the caliper too high....

These are the same things I ran into when I was trying to NOT use a torque arm.

I think a torque arm is in your future if you have a PM frame with a Rohloff...

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Unfortunately that wont work. The adapters give you the correct caliper height for the specific rotor you run. Stacking them will put the caliper too high....

These are the same things I ran into when I was trying to NOT use a torque arm.

I think a torque arm is in your future if you have a PM frame with a Rohloff...
    ok I get it now. thanks