Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    760

    Rohloff + post mount brakes

    I have seen post mount rear brake frames like the Turner Sultan converted to Rohloff via the torque arm. See this thread for example: Sultan and Rohloff ?

    Anybody successfully converted a post mount HT frame?

    I would like to convert an On One Parkwood HT frame with rear post mount brake (135mm spacing) by using use a PM to IS adapter + a Monkeybone so I can skip using the torque arm.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RipRoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,346
    Just in case you didn't realize your rear brake will need to be IS mount for that to work.

    My problem was my brakes are PM and there are no PM + IS + PM adapter, that's why I tried to make one...

    Ended up with torque arm, works great.

  3. #3
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Just in case you didn't realize your rear brake will need to be IS mount for that to work.

    My problem was my brakes are PM and there are no PM + IS + PM adapter, that's why I tried to make one...

    Ended up with torque arm, works great.
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

    Just to clarify my idea was to use a Monkeybone on top of an a2z pm to is adapter, the pm brake caliper would then go on the monkeybone. This would be the order:

    frame - pm to is adapter - monkeybone - brake caliper.

    I guess the issue would be mounting the monkeybone on the adapter, or would the caliper end off center?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RipRoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by dblspeed View Post
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

    Just to clarify my idea was to use a Monkeybone on top of an a2z pm to is adapter, the pm brake caliper would then go on the monkeybone. This would be the order:

    frame - pm to is adapter - monkeybone - brake caliper.

    I guess the issue would be mounting the monkeybone on the adapter, or would the caliper end off center?
    Unfortunately that wont work. The adapters give you the correct caliper height for the specific rotor you run. Stacking them will put the caliper too high....

    These are the same things I ran into when I was trying to NOT use a torque arm.

    I think a torque arm is in your future if you have a PM frame with a Rohloff...

  5. #5
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Unfortunately that wont work. The adapters give you the correct caliper height for the specific rotor you run. Stacking them will put the caliper too high....

    These are the same things I ran into when I was trying to NOT use a torque arm.

    I think a torque arm is in your future if you have a PM frame with a Rohloff...
    ok I get it now. thanks

Similar Threads

  1. IS or Post mount brakes on my bike?
    By YJGUY in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 02:43 AM
  2. Please delete
    By YJGUY in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 04:07 AM
  3. Beargrease brakes: why 51mm i.s. vs. post mount?
    By FrY10cK in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 06:21 AM
  4. post mount brakes...
    By lotsofbikes in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •