mtbr member

online source for Alfine 11 wheel

Anyone know of a place to get an Alfine 11 wheel built up online? None of my LBS are places where I'd get a wheel built so I'm limited to online. Can't seem to find a source for an 11 speed Alfine hub built up with my choice of rim. Any custom builders online deal with these?

Just Ride!

Cycle Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz View Post
    That's how I did mine, before I learned how to lace wheels. It ended up being REALLY expensive, since you can't use the 15% coupon on any of the wheel components when you use their on-line wheel builder. I ended up paying full retail for all spokes, nips, rims, and hubs, which all added up very quickly, then about $40 labor or so. Also, the custom wheelsets don't qualify for free shipping, so it ended up being a few hundred dollars more than if I just did it myself.

They did a great job building my wheels though, no complaints there, just the cost of paying someone else to do the thing, and full retail pricing really hit my wallet hard.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

online source for Alfine 11 wheel

Email or call Steve at SRLPE. He is building me an Alfine 8 wheel now and has done 3 other wheelsets for me. Super good, experienced wheel builder, great prices, way easy to work with. Very conscientious and detail-oriented.

All my wheels from him are bombproof. I bought the Alfine 8 hub online from Modern Bike (at a great price) and had them send it straight to Steve. It will be paired with a WTB i23 29er rim.

Steve goes as 4Slomo on MTBR and is a seasoned voice in the Wheels and Tires forum.