mtbr member
    Mar 2009

New "fully internal" transmission

Ok, not an IGH but internal gearing anyhow. Has anyone seen this?

nuseti.com :: WORLD'S F1RST BIKE WITH THE INNER DRIVE SYSTEM!

Just a teaser for now, but I am officially "teased"

_CJ
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Pretty sexy, but holy cow are they pricey! When I looked into an internal gear box, a dedicated frame was something like $3600.00. I've heard rumors that the pricing will be getting much better in very short order though. Not so sold on encasing the chain inside the frame, but the gearbox/transmission looks like a HUGE step forward in MTB evolution vs. the marketing driven crap the industry has been pushing in recent years.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I like that Batman is their narrator.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Interested to see prices once they're all built up. Dense parts go in the middle, wear parts kept clean, fragile parts shielded. Ugly but way more functional.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Also, I don't like the "world's first" stuff - there was already a design that didn't see much production from Germany some years ago. It was a closed chainstay drivetrain that drove a Rohloff hub with special integration.

This is better, weight in the middle etc, but it's not the first.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I wonder what the efficiency loss is compared to a normal chain/RD bike.

I also wonder what the durability on the bottom bracket is if you slam it down on a rock or something.

The weight is listed as Frameset estimated weight - 4.3kg / 9.48lbs ( including frame, drive, cranks and shifters ). This seems pretty good.

I added up my Epic Comp Carbon frame, XX1 crank, bottom bracket, XT RD, xt shifter, shift cable, 1030 cassette, and chain and it came out to 9.9 pounds for a 1x10 build. Where this appears to have the range of a 3x10

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

singlespeed smash brother
    This is something I would have loved 10 years a go but the fully intergrated thing isn't the way to go any more because a belt drive is a simpler lighter and more elegant solution. He should just aim at marketing and manufacturing the gear box. If it is as great as he claims and as light then the bike would be lighter again if he dropped the chain and adopted a conventional belt drive and other frame builders could build it into bikes that aren't so ugly. From his claims he has a system that would be a serious option over a pinion or effigear.

_CJ
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinboy View Post
    This is something I would have loved 10 years a go but the fully intergrated thing isn't the way to go any more because a belt drive is a simpler lighter and more elegant solution. He should just aim at marketing and manufacturing the gear box. If it is as great as he claims and as light then the bike would be lighter again if he dropped the chain and adopted a conventional belt drive and other frame builders could build it into bikes that aren't so ugly. From his claims he has a system that would be a serious option over a pinion or effigear.
    Kickstarter guy didn't invent the gearbox...he's just selling the fully encased frame.

I agree that the gear box with belt drive is where it's at, and so do others....

Paragon Machine Works Toggle Drop Belt Drive Dropouts | Old Glory MTB - Mountain Biking Made In America

New "fully internal" transmission-paragon-pinion-gearbox.jpg