My Alfine's been great, so I made it into my version of my ideal winter bike, which has the following:
- Alfine 8s hub gear
- Alfine dynamo front light
- Homemade 800lm dynamo front light (with 400lm, long burning standlight!)
- Rigid forks (no servicing
- Frame with EBB for easy chain tension
- Ergon grips for max bloodflow & warm hands
- A cool polish & white colour scheme!
- Tubeless tyre setup for reliability
OK, so the colour scheme may not be the most winter friendly, but I love the result. There are a few more pics on my blog here, but here it is:
So far it's been great through the mud & slop, my service regime on the other hand has been super slack (well, non-existant !) but the bike keeps tucking on. Good times
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: My Alfine Winter Bike
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »