mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Looking for European/German online Rohloff seller

I live in Japan, and there has never been such a good time to buy stuff priced in Euros. This has got me thinking that buying a Rohloff hub from an online seller in Europe (preferably Germany?) is something I ought to be doing ASAP.

Can someone please point me towards an international sales friendly Rohloff online retailer in Europe? I clicked on a few links via the Rohloff site, but I couldn't find any sites that fitted the bill.

In theory I could buy the hub here in Japan, but Japanese importers use arcane methods to do currency calculations (ie, crooked). I wouldn't be surprised if European prices were half those of Japan.

mtbr member
    Starbike.com has a full range of Rohloff hubs and parts and, depending on how the Yen is compared to the pound, you might want to look at SJScycles.co.uk, although I find their website hard to navigate. In both cases their stated costs include VAT, so you can remove that to get the actual price.

Let us know what you decide on.

Tim

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Many thanks. Now, where's my credit card? ...........

bored ex-shop rat

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Bike Components in Aachen, Germany
    Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000)