Thread: hammerschmitd

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

hammerschmitd

not sure if this is the right place to post, I have been using a hammerschmidt for a couple of weeks now, I am beginning to think that I may have discovered the ultimate bike. I can see why geared hubs have found so many fans. I couldn't feel any drag in the system and no weight penality was felt. I am impressed.

Ride Good or Eat Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by verticult
    not sure if this is the right place to post, I have been using a hammerschmidt for a couple of weeks now, I am beginning to think that I may have discovered the ultimate bike. I can see why geared hubs have found so many fans. I couldn't feel any drag in the system and no weight penality was felt. I am impressed.
    What sort of bike are you riding, set-up etc! Have heard varying reports depending on the type of bike etc. Glad you like it, I suspect it is the future!!
    "Though my life is changing fast,
    My roots are planted in the past,
    Who I am, is who I want to be
    "

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi, I have a problem about the Hammerschmidt now. I want to eqip it on the NICOLAI UFO ST Frame. But the adater on the bottom is not ISCG. Have any other adapter to do it? TKS. http://www.nicolai.net/products/e-frames/e-ufo-st.html. Thanks a lot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Red PeeKay
    What sort of bike are you riding, set-up etc! Have heard varying reports depending on the type of bike etc. Glad you like it, I suspect it is the future!!
    right now I have it on a sinister Gruitr, a 5" trail bike. I really can't do much dirt yet, (mud season). I was pleased that it uses a standard shifter. You can also shift into "low" at almost zero RPM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiker2008
    Hi, I have a problem about the Hammerschmidt now. I want to eqip it on the NICOLAI UFO ST Frame. But the adater on the bottom is not ISCG. Have any other adapter to do it? TKS. http://www.nicolai.net/products/e-frames/e-ufo-st.html. Thanks a lot.

I will read my booklet and see if there are options for your frame,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for your information. Waiting for the goods news!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    it seems that you will need to use an adaptor to convert the Nicoli flange to either ISCG 03 or ISCG 05. Perhaps Nicoli can supply this? I am sure it would not be the first request.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for your information. I have sent a mail to Nicolai about it. Hopefully I can got the reply soon. Thanks again.

builder
    Feb 2009

Hammerschmidt on Demo 7

I just installed a Hammerschmidt FR on my Demo 7. Wasn't particularly difficult; following the directions was a big help. I don't have many rides on the setup yet as the best trails are still under snow, but it appears to be a great setup. Time will tell the real story.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt pirate
    I just installed a Hammerschmidt FR on my Demo 7. Wasn't particularly difficult; following the directions was a big help. I don't have many rides on the setup yet as the best trails are still under snow, but it appears to be a great setup. Time will tell the real story.

I have got reply from Nicolai. No mount of hammerschmidt at the UFO ST at present. Only the next generation will be possible. May I have got from other places? I'm not sure it will be same as your frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

builder
    Feb 2009
    Definitely a different mount. The Specalized frame uses a ISCG 3 tab system that mounts across the top of the bottom bracket housing. the big issue was facing the tabs so the Hammerschmidt base plate mounts flat and square to the BB housing.