mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Cable replacement - Alfine.

I am still waiting for my twist shift to arrive but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the cable hooks up on the Alfine hub.

I have actually got the hub in place and using cable ties have it set at a single fixed speed until my stuff arives but I was just curious as to how this last part of jig saw all hooks up.. cheers. Any phots appreciated.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Don't you have the instructions that come with the hub? The drawings are clear as mud. Do a search for photos here, there's only about a million posted. Don't worry, it's dead easy to hook up the cable.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My instructions show the following -

1: Installation of the CS-S500 sprocket with chain guard
    2: Installation of the cassette joint to the hub
    3: Installation of the hub to the frame
    4: Installation of the rotor

That's it.. at least that's it in English.
    There are illustrations lablelled from A-H and that is it.

Never mind, when the rest of the stuff arrives it should all make sense. Thanks.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sorry bud, I forgot, the cable instructions come with the shifter! It's very clear when you see it. Anyways, the wire hooks into the black round opening with a wire clamp and nut. It runs under the little tab with the small hole in it about a cm away and then follows the shape of the cassette joint to the steel part where the housing slides in.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member

While we're at it...

Quote Originally Posted by dru
    Anyways, the wire hooks into the black round opening with a wire clamp and nut.
    Drew
    Drew, did you need to sand the wire clamp edges ? I recently changed my shifting cable because a few wires from the original were cut just at the clamp and were hurting every time I would disconnect the hub for tyre replacement.
    the very same day I changed this cable, a wire was broken again and I felt I had changed this cable for nothing

Did you experience anything like that ?

Eric