mtbr member
    Dec 2007

bottom bracket, box guide compatibility

I am rebuilding a big hit spec 05, and i want to change the crankset from a truvativ hussefelt (isis bottom bracket 73mm shell, 118mm spindle) to a truvativ holzfeller 1.1 dh with a truvativ team howitzer bottom bracket. I have a truvativ box guide (iscg) on the bike now and plan on installing a mpr chain tensioner/guide in the future. My question is, since the howitzer BB has external bearings the spindle length is probably wider than the isis BB,can i still use the truvativ box guide and will i be able to use a mpr set up in the future. Is anyone using a external BB with a (iscg chain tensioner/guide).

Frt Range, CO
    Internal or external BB doesn't have any effect on chainline. 68/73mm external BB are very easy to adjust chainline, esp if the BB is 68mm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zipdog
    I am rebuilding a big hit spec 05, and i want to change the crankset from a truvativ hussefelt (isis bottom bracket 73mm shell, 118mm spindle) to a truvativ holzfeller 1.1 dh with a truvativ team howitzer bottom bracket. I have a truvativ box guide (iscg) on the bike now and plan on installing a mpr chain tensioner/guide in the future. My question is, since the howitzer BB has external bearings the spindle length is probably wider than the isis BB,can i still use the truvativ box guide and will i be able to use a mpr set up in the future. Is anyone using a external BB with a (iscg chain tensioner/guide).
    I think you are on the wrong forum. This forum concerns Internal gear hubs (IGH). You might want to try the drivetrain forum.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    sorry i didn't realize i was in the wrong forum.