mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Alfine with Sherpa rack?

Hey,
    I have Alfine equipped bike without rear rack eyelets. Anyone tried to fit Old Man Mountain rack (or similar) to alfine axle? Any thoughts/ideas?

thanks for your input

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by -5150-
    Hey,
    I have Alfine equipped bike without rear rack eyelets. Anyone tried to fit Old Man Mountain rack (or similar) to alfine axle? Any thoughts/ideas?

thanks for your input
    I'd email Channing at info@OldManMountain.com
    I'd imagine he'd have the definitive answer considering they make the Frequent Flyer bike using an Alfine Hub.

mtbr member
    The Frequent Flyer has rack mounts, which is why it works with an Alfine. I emailed them a couple weeks ago about the same issue and this is what they had to say.

"Hi Dirk, the no v brake bosses concern is no problem, however the internal hub and no eyelets is a bit harder to adapt to. We do not offer a rack for this application, there is nowhere to lower mount one of our racks. Fell free to send me a quick photo if possible , and I will look at it for you, Thanks John OMM"

I sent photos, but no answer as of yet.
    "If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going." Chinese Proverb

Members who have read this thread: 0