mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Alfine with Sherpa rack?

Hey,
    I have Alfine equipped bike without rear rack eyelets. Anyone tried to fit Old Man Mountain rack (or similar) to alfine axle? Any thoughts/ideas?

thanks for your input

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by -5150-
    Hey,
    I have Alfine equipped bike without rear rack eyelets. Anyone tried to fit Old Man Mountain rack (or similar) to alfine axle? Any thoughts/ideas?

thanks for your input
    I'd email Channing at info@OldManMountain.com
    I'd imagine he'd have the definitive answer considering they make the Frequent Flyer bike using an Alfine Hub.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=3]The Frequent Flyer has rack mounts, which is why it works with an Alfine. I emailed them a couple weeks ago about the same issue and this is what they had to say.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"Hi Dirk, the no v brake bosses concern is no problem, however the internal hub and no eyelets is a bit harder to adapt to. We do not offer a rack for this application, there is nowhere to lower mount one of our racks. Fell free to send me a quick photo if possible , and I will look at it for you, Thanks John OMM"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I sent photos, but no answer as of yet.[/SIZE]
    "If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going." [SIZE=1]Chinese Proverb[/SIZE]