mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Alfine availability?

I've been contemplating an Alfine hub install and as none of my local shops carry the hub and/or parts, I've been searching online retailers.

However, it seems as though within the past week, a great number of places no longer have the sg-s501 hub in stock or even "available." I guess I was wondering if there'd simply been a run on the hubs, or if instead there might be a new replacement model on the way?

Anyone know if either of those is the case, or something else entirely?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Shimano Australia now has these in stock 32h black, price around AU$450 at a OZ bike shop...if they could be bothered ordering in...

you can't find, PM me... I work @ a bike shop in OZ...

K

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Check with bikeman.com They get everything from a separate distributor than most shops so they can get this stuff easier. I had this issue a few months ago and bikeman had one and shipped it to my local shop.

Rohloff
    I just got a hub through my local bike shop. It was special ordered. There was no problem getting it. I don't think most places have these hubs just sitting on the shelves.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks, I'll look to some of the avenues other than the ones I've been trying.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I want to go with the Alfine hub or the 3-speed Nexus (disc) hub. Sigh.