mtbr member

Alfine 8 Housing?

Any special requirements for cable+housing or can I just go ahead and pick up a jagwire ripcord derailer kit?

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You're good, as it is pretty much regular housing and inner.

I say 'pretty much' because the ferrule on the hub end of the housing is metal and is crimped to the housing.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    The Revoshifter came with cable+housing should I use that or the jagwire ripcord?

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You can use what you want. If you use the Jagwire make sure you crimp the ferrule on the hub end, otherwise you'll certainly pull it off the housing when you remove the cable for rear wheel removal. That is why the Alfine stuff has a metal ferrule solidly crimped on one end of the housing.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Any recommendations for some grips to go with the revoshifter don't want to do a hack job

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    No, but certainly there's some kind of tool that is used for production work.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFcourse View Post
    Any recommendations for some grips to go with the revoshifter don't want to do a hack job
    Very limited options, Ergon and Portland Design make a set with one short grip and one long grip. Cane Creek has pairs of shorties and pairs of longs, buy both sets and you'll have two pair. I now buy standard grips and cut one side to fit the revo, that way I can buy cool grips.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFcourse View Post
    You could just ditch the twist shifter and get the rapidfire trigger. Use any grips you want then. I'd also recommend installing an inline barrel adjuster from jagwire as it's useful for fine tuning cable tension with the alfine.