Posted this on the 29er board, but figured I'd post here too because of the Alfine, and I'm bored. Anyway a friend of mine built up an Alfine last fall and has beat the hell out of it, so it got me interested. Started scheming and dreaming till it was almost all I thought about. Now I just can't wait to torture it (and me).

I also want to give a big thanks to Aaron at Cutting Edge Sports in Louisville, CO. He built the wheels for my friend and they've been bomb proof, so obviously that's where I went when it came time to lace mine up. They look great and hopefully will see many miles before they're retired.

29 inches of Pain!

This is a project I've been working on (not getting divorced over) for months.

Here are the specs:

Zion 737 EBB frame freshly powder coated
Middleburn RS7 cranks and chainring
Phil Wood BB
CB Mallet 2 pedals
Thomson seatpost and stem
Salsa Lip Lock collar
Cane Creek 110 HS
Nuke Proof carbon fork
Stan's Flow 29er rims
Panaracer Rampage rear tire
Schwalbe Racing Ralph front tire
Hope Pro 2 front hub and Hope skewer
Alfine 8 speed rear hub
Brooks Saddle
Purely Custom bar end caps, stem caps and collars
Avid Elixir CR brakes
KMC 710SL chain
Groovy Luv Handles

[SIZE=3]Ok now for the part about the pain. I have to wait 4-6 weeks before I can start riding it. Just had a herniated disk removed and evidently they say you shouldn't be bouncing down trails for a bit. Did sneak in a ride around the block and I'm ashamed to say I had to use the granny gear to get home.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Oh well, at least I've got something to look forward to.............but itís almost too painful to look at, almost.[/SIZE]