mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Yeti ASR 5 carbon vs Santa Blur LT carbon

Can somebody give me their opinion between these 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    I think the Yeti is a single pivot. The Blur is a VPP suspension that makes it easier to climb by reducing pedal bob.

mtbr member
    ASR 5 is more of an endurace race sled. Blur LTc is more of an all mountain rig. The ASR 5 is lighter by about a pound, but I think the Blur LTc is stronger. I have yet to ride the ASR 5 so take take my opinion with a gram of salt. However my Blur LTc is simply amazing.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way...turn.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yeti
    ASR 5 is more of an endurace race sled. Blur LTc is more of an all mountain rig. The ASR 5 is lighter by about a pound, but I think the Blur LTc is stronger. I have yet to ride the ASR 5 so take take my opinion with a gram of salt. However my Blur LTc is simply amazing.

I have a LTc too and I rode the Yeti ASR 5 carbon and ASR 7 back to back last year at Interbike. I think the LTc would compare more with the 575 which might go carbon too soon. The ASR 5c would compare better with the Trek Fuel Ex and the older 120mm Spez Stumpy. Despite having the wrong tires for Bootleg Canyon(Racing Ralphs), overall I thought it was a great ride. The suspension was set-up just right for me by the Yeti crew so it climbed and descended well in my opinion.

I agree, I see the ASR 5c more as an endurance trail/xc bike while you can spec the LTc towards the "all-mountain" spectrum. Correct me if i'm wrong but I think the Yeti crew mentioned 140mm max travel up front. You can put a 160mm fork up front with the LTc.

ASR 5c rear travel 127mm. LTc rear travel 140mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for all your opinions, I guess I'm looking for an all around bike that will help me be a lot faster with climbing(my weakest point)to keep up with my buddies. I also like a 5 inch travel bike to enjoy the downhill. my choices were:

Yeti ASR 5 carbon
    Santa Cruz blur LTc
    Pivot Mach 5
    Ibis mojo SL

bike rider
    I'd narrow that list to the Ibis and Santa Cruz. I ended up going with the Ibis. The Pivot is heavier and has less travel than the Ibis and I wasn't a huge fan of the suspension on my 575. It wasn't super pedaling efficient or exceptionally plush.
    Keep the Country country.