Those who skibike, know..

STOLEN: 2 Ellsworth Rogues at Bootleg

Dear fellow riders -

Two Ellsworth Rogues were stolen by two dbags errr gentlemen at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City during the Interbike Dirt Demo on Tues 9/23 at 9:45am. The fine gents were between 17-25 of age and by all accounts are local riders to the area. [There was one report that they live nearby, possibly East towards the lake]. They provided false ID to "demo" the bikes and rode away shuttling at least once.

I cant tell you how much this negatively impacted the team. It takes a rather large level of commitment from every employee [AND their families back home] in order to attend Interbike and meet all the really cool fellow passionate industry folks. To get punched in the gut by two j-offs really ruins the experience to say the least.

In any event, it would be a fantastic uplift if you could keep an eye out for our two new friends and help get the Rogues back to the team so all can enjoy. The guys are apparently local, so my guess is someone reading this knows exactly who I am referring to. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Kenny

PS: my apologies for the x-post, but SOMEONE knows who these guys are. Just have them drop the bikes off at All Mountain Cyclery...
    Last edited by shiggy; 01-22-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    That sucks. I hate to here stories like this because we all pay in the end with higher prices. If I were a bike company that had a fleet of test bikes I would outfit them with GPS tracking devices. Harness the technology that is already been used in situation like this...care rentals, motorcycle rentals and just about all commerical equipment rentals. This type of theft happens every year at IB.....last year Haro had their trailer broken into albeit not at IB but on their company property

Not Period Correct
    Jul 2008
    pure douchebaggery at its finest.....

bravo children, karma is a beotch!!!

mtbr member
    I'm sorry to hear of the loss. I had two bikes stolen less than three months ago. I know how hard it is to stomach. Hope you get the bikes back.

Cheers,
    BFE

mtbr member
    No cameras on the parking lots or anything like that nearby?

It sucks that it has to be like that but I think a photo is very easy to take nowadays and it would certainly deter thieves. You could have someone with a digital camera when the i.d.'s are taken.

mtbr member

just give it back

The wife and friends thinks i am nuts for always locking down my bike and completely hiding it from everyone it as a matter of fact i run several chains threw it making it impossible for dirt bags to steal it. The truth is if it was stolen i could not replace it. I feel your pain here. just give it back

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The ID's that are given before a bike is handed over for demo, isn't it an ID with a photo? A photo can go a thousand miles if used appropriately.

What if you take a digital picture of everyone that goes out for a demo along with an ID, that way getting way won't be as easy, takes mere seconds to do this and just catalog it along with the ID.

dunno if its feasible, just a suggestion....

You know, for kids
    I agree, the current system of just handing over your demo card should be changed. I did that this year and most did not even doublecheck the info on the demo card with the info on my badge. I could have just put a false name and badge number on my demo card. I know a few companies were scanning badges which is better but a photo ID and actual picture taken of the rider with the bike before they set out on their demo ride could be a huge deterrent.

Sadly, I hear Ellsworth was not the only victim this year.
    disclaimer: I sell and repair bicycles

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Another sad case of a few idiots potentially ruining it for the well-intentioned folks.

I hope the pricks who stole the bikes are apprehended, and slapped with charges escalated on account of theft of proprietary intellectual property.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i don't think requesting a thumb print would be out of line

not a forum admin
    I was in the shuttle truck up with them - contact me via PM

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Isn't This KARMA for Tony

When this happens to Haro, this is a horrible incident. When this happens to the cheating no warranty no responsibility Ellsworth, this is Karma. Do you cry when a thief gets his stash stolen? Not I.

Those who skibike, know..
    Quote Originally Posted by Poser
    When this happens to Haro, this is a horrible incident. When this happens to the cheating no warranty no responsibility Ellsworth, this is Karma. Do you cry when a thief gets his stash stolen? Not I.
    Classy. Nothing but respect to you Poser from the Ells family.
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)