Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    (not that fast)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan bay
    WTF? NOBODY is going to rag on igot2no for wasting his first post on this?
    My guess is he (or she) is tied in with the company. Randy is that you?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nope, no ties to RR at all except for the fact that I own the Hammer model of the bike and I live in So. Florida. So happens that I enjoy the bike immensely. And no, I don't think I wasted my first post at all.

The point is that I also don't hide behind a keyboard and a username and call women that I don't know names such as 'skank'. I also do not state as fact that someone that I do not know has STD's. To do so is not a poor reflection of the lady in question but a poor reflection of the person making the comments. I also do not hide behind the kind of person who would make such a comment and egg them on.

If eat_dirt's point is that Randy Ross could have picked a more beautiful girl, I think he would be absolutely right. Especially considering that within a 3 blocks of where the film was shot are at least a half dozen world class modeling agencies. Immediately to the model's right is a world class beach where it is legal to sun bathe topless and feminine beauty is popping out all over the place. This is true now more that other times of the year as Spring Break has started. South Beach, gotta love it!

Anyone who does not like Randy's bike is entitled to their opinion. If you don't like it don't ride it. But the comments about the lady are out of line (No, I do not know her either). I think post #2 is a keeper!
    Last edited by igot2n0; 03-06-2009 at 06:13 PM.

nathan bay
    Apr 2007
    I love that tasty little skank and I'm not hiding behind a username..
    Give us the goods, I got to know how it rides. Is it anything like a "bike"? Can you hop up on curbs? Can you bunny hop on it? What muscles does it use? Details man...If you are going to defend the thing please tell us why.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Give us the goods, I got to know how it rides. Is it anything like a "bike"? Can you hop up on curbs? Can you bunny hop on it? What muscles does it use? Details man...If you are going to defend the thing please tell us why.
    You mistake my position. It is not my position to defend the product beyond the fact that I plunked down the duckies for one more than a year ago and am glad that I did. If anyone wants to defend the bike that person should be Randy. In many ways, the bike is like other bikes. In some ways, it is different. However, if you are looking for the same experience as a mountain bike I think it is fair to say that you should not.

The body position is significantly different on the stepper bike. Once you get rolling you reposition your feet to the back of the decks, to the part of the decks that are curved upward. This places your feet next to the rear axle. On a conventional bike the pedals place your feet well forward of the rear axle. The body position on the stepper bike pitches your body forward. Since there is no seat, your arms support a good amount of our body weight. This is key to the upper body part of the workout.

With the feet placed near the rear axle, the leg stroke is the deepest and the knees travel up toward the chest. In fact, I believe that the leg stoke is considerably longer on a stepper bike than it is on a conventional bike. I would not say that the bike requires a wide stance as some have suggested.

Aside from the pedal motion on a conventional bike, riding a stepper does not feel much different from sprinting on a conventional bike with your butt up off the seat. The rider makes right and left motions while peddling, pulling with their upper body from side to side. But because of the forward body pitch and the fact that there is no seat for support, your upper body and core get a superb workout - a good deltoid burn.

Randy's bike is not made for off road use. In fact, it says so on his website. My understanding of the physics of riding is that on a conventional bicycle the rider has 5 contact points - 2 on the peddles, 2 on the handle bars, and 1 on the seat. Each of the contact points is also a balance point. The stepper bike only has 4 contact points. Most any bike is stable as long as the rider maintains 3 or more contact points. For example, try riding a unicycle without a seat. Because of the forward body position and the high center of gravity I too do not recommend it for off road use.

I hope this answers your questions.

nathan bay
    Apr 2007
    That answers my questions. Thanks...NB

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    Goofy? It is brilliant. I have always thought about walking or jogging and thought "if only there were a way to do it outdoors." We now have it. It opens up all kinds of opportunities.
    LOL, some would call it lacing up your shoes and going for a jog!
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

yeahhhhhh

whatever. I'm betting by her backside she's Brasilian. Hey if people wanna take their elliptical / stairstepper outdoors, as long as they are dressed like that I'm fine. About 2/3rds the way through you see some guy running after her dodging traffic.

and igot2no is spot on about the girls there. go in the 'off' season. there are so many vacationing/testing models and so may beautiful locals and a huge portion of the male population is gay. (NTTAWWT) But the ratio is so slanted to the guy that girls who would normally never give you the time of day become quite friendly. Just the opposite of a ski town, where an average looking girl by most city standards gets a HUGE attitude because she's the only pie in town.

mtbr member
    Ever try riding in a thong? Your bare ass cheeks stick to the seat and the floss part gets wedged even further up into the nether regions. This bike is the perfect invention for those who want to ride to the beach and don't want to cover up their most valuable asset (pun intended).
    NEMBA Freetown VP

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat
    Can it hang with the Trykke? That is what I need to know. Is anyone getting Xtreme on the Randy Ross machine? I can't imagine any pool riding or sigletrackin on that piece of.....
    i have one of those trikke dealies (we found it at a garage sale , i swear!) and the whole thing squeaks worse than a all mountain wally world bike
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    Goofy? It is brilliant. I have always thought about walking or jogging and thought "if only there were a way to do it outdoors." We now have it. It opens up all kinds of opportunities.
    LOL. That's funny I don't care who you are. The post below it made me crack up too.

Oh, and my 2 cents: History repeats itself. Looks like another failure.

Class Clown
    it's pretty goofy looking but i'd rock that thing around town

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    That contraption is completely USELESS on the trail. No amount of sex can sell that monstrosity...
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    bicycle : motorcycle

stepper bike : segway

it's basically a bicycle with no saddle and with skateboard decks for pedals. which = retarded

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    In response to #54 comments. As you can tell by my member id I was an equine rider as well as bike rider, but can no longer sit on any type of saddle due to a crushed pelvis injury when a horse fell on top of me while I was riding. Long story short, although I lost my love of riding I was hoping the RRStepper Bike would get me out again. There is a place for bike like that for people like me and I appreciate your input.
    Last edited by formerponyrider; 08-03-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: want to refer to another comment

Dirt Huffer
    "Sup brahs! You jelly?"

mtbr member
    I saw an "Elliptigo" on a local paved rail to trail a few months ago.

I was blown away by how silly it looked, then blown away again when I looked it up online and found out how much the person paid for it.

mtbr member
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3