Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Boy that thing sure requires a wide stance and looks like it painfully forces the knees together. But, boy howdy, with the model working that contraption, I bet he will sell a few.

I can see it now, this thing takes off and an entire group of male sports enthusiasts is easily recognized by their knock kneed walk.

(not that fast)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyracer
    Having been former Los Angeles warehouse manager for Ross Bikes...'lazyracer'
    good input, thank you, had no clue that was the same "Ross"

kind of sad really...

You know, for kids
    Okay, but a bicycle is a exercise machine you can ride around town as well, and much faster
    disclaimer: I sell and repair bicycles

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    WOW - old school Ross? wouldn't have thunk up that one..guessing that he likes the girlies though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    That treadmill bike would be a classic if it had a beer suspended by a stick just out of your reach.

banned
    Oct 2008
    I think randy ross give a better ideas for bikes

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    as long as it gets fat arsed Americans active = Who cares?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyracer
    Having been former Los Angeles warehouse manager for Ross Bikes, and former Ross "Indians" mt bike racing team member (1983-1986), I see the warp king of New York has re-surfaced in the same style that he left during the 1980's, hoo-ya!

For those of you that were not around during the 1980's, Ross bikes was one of the first bike companies to offer a reasonably well appointed, affordable mt bike to the general public, by utilizing the pacific rim bike import resources of Japan and Taiwan. Prior to Ross bikes, mountain bikes had to be "custom" built by assembling from a list of hard to find parts, and the going price of a mt bike was around $700-1000. Ross brought the price level of mt bikes to $300-600.

'lazyracer'
    So THAT's the company that started outsourcing bikes to Asia, you must be so proud of that "innovation." Oh, look, another "amazing innovation." Funny how they both seem to be a waste of money. No offense, but I find it disgusting when companies move to Asia to compete (wagging my finger at Cannondale). Also, this "bike" costs over $500 when you could just walk/run for a workout (free) or get better quality and efficiency out of a real bike for the same price. I am sorry, but stuff like this makes me boil, especially when I can't go out riding.

mnt bike laws of physics
    [QUOTE=BumpityBump]Boy that thing sure requires a wide stance and looks like it painfully forces the knees together.[QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but after watching the video 15 times it came to me that the model is only making it look that way because she is trying to keep from spreading her thighs

Really though, I am glad I came back to revisit this thread. I haven't laughed so much in a few days.

Keep pedaling
    I think it looks like a good idea.

No problems with an uncomfortable saddle.
    No back pain.
    No bike shorts required.
    Faster than walking, and more fun than a treadmill.

Obviously it has a lot of disadvantages too:
    Not meant for off road use.
    Slower than a road bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    That **** looks harder than pedaling...

and they kinda make you look like a jackass...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Do I get a thong when I buy one?

mtbr member
    What's wrong with the one you got elvez? C'mon own up to it. If you're thinking of buying one of these things you probably own one that you fancied up with your BeDazzler!! Just kidding.

banned
    Jul 2008
    I think it looks like a good idea.

No problems with an uncomfortable saddle.
    No back pain.
    No bike shorts required.
    Faster than walking, and more fun than a treadmill.

Obviously it has a lot of disadvantages too:
    Not meant for off road use.
    Slower than a road bike.

mtbr member
    what about those bikes that had the pedals that rotated in ovals up and down wise. remember?
    of course my opinion is the right one, thats why I have it.
    "there's my chippy"

banned
    Mar 2004
    One word....GHEY.

nathan bay
    Apr 2007
    Whatever.......I haven't seen anything this cool since Whamo introduced the "roller racer" in 1983. Well maybe the coolest thing since the "pogo ball".

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    roller racers where so awesome... my grade school had a ton of em we'd get to use during recess and gym

as for the bikes... looks like fun to me ... different but fun... i wouldn't buy one... but i'd try one out if given the chance... just like a unicycle or whatever other oddities...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    if the eurotrash techno didn't convince me, the skank who looks like you need to bathe in penicillin after even touching her made me want to buy that contraption that doesn't seem to have the stability, durability, light weight, or proven reliability of a conventional bike.

now get some hot b!tches and have them run around naked in the desert on belt drive carbon frame singlespeeds to jethro tull's aqualung and you might get me interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    as long as it gets fat arsed Americans active = Who cares?
    I think they are actually targeting the fat arsed New Zealand market more.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    they need to reduce the Q factor to attract serious mtbrs. Anytime a company falls back on using a naked woman to push there product ie. marz. they are usually making up for a lack of quality.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Well after watching that video I ordered two. A 26" and a 29" with carbon fiber treadles.