mtbr member
    Jun 2008

products at interbike. help!

So i seem to have lost my pamphlets for a couple of neat things i saw at interbike. Maybe someone on the forum can help a brother out.

A parts washer company was out that sold what looked like fry cooking vats. tThey were a combination of ultra sound and heat cleaning.

A mostly bmx parts company that was selling colored spokes in 300+ size. had about 4-5 colors available now getting more.

web searches have not come up with anything for me and i cant seem to browse exibitors on interbikes website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Parts Cleaner

Hello,

I beleive that you may be referring to the Crest Ultrasonic parts cleaner.

We have 3 in the shop, and they have worked flawlessly since getting them 3 years ago. We use Simple Green in them.

Just a word to the wise....with the heat setting, if you leave an "anodized" part in them for an extended period of time, they have faded when taken out of the bath. This thing will definitely strip paint off of parts if left in for 1/2 hour or so. One of my staff members threw in a disc brake caliper (Avid, I think), and it stripped the coating off that sucker in like 15 minutes!

This is a link to the guy that I bought ours off of. Great prices, and the guy was VERY easy to work with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crest-3-4-Gallon-Ultrasonic-Heated-Cleaner-w-Warranty_W0QQitemZ120349867048QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120349867048&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Sorry, can't help you out with the spokes....

mtbr member
    i believe the spokes were from a company called "loaded" try putting "loaded bike parts" in google

mmm, got me thinking about a loaded baked potato

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    There is one of those fryer style crest ultra sonic parts washers in the bike shop I work in. We dont use simple green and opt instead for the chemical kit it came with. The chemicals are non toxic and just drain the washer tank into a plastic bottle and let it set. It settles into layers and you decant off the bad stuff, add fresh warm water and its good to got again. We dont use our washer lots but it gets used and there has been no need to replace chemicals yet. Its a top notch machine all around. The heat/ultra sonic action really makes it work good and most parts only take about a minute or two. Expect to pay top dollar, not a cheep machine, I dont what the shop paid for it but it wasn't cheap and only my self and the other shop tech are allowed to use it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just buy an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. You can buy those all over, fairly large sizes too.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com