Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Pics from the Industry-nine booth?

Anyone have any pics from their booth? Rumor was that they were suppossed to be having a component line coming out sometime in the near future. Just wondering if anything was being displayed that was not yet available for purchase. Thanks.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

just ride
    i have a few pics to post later on. Nothing new except for a DT-style ratchet skewer system. No other new parts though.
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    No sign of their road wheels?

29 some of the time...
    http://evomo.com/blog/2007/09/26/int...ay-three-pics/

Some shots from there I9 booth if you scroll down
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    i hope their road wheels get released this year. i'd love to hop aboard a set with 303 tubie rims.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    Nothing new except for a DT-style ratchet skewer system.
    Show me! I just ordered 10mm TA rear wheel and I wouldbe more than interested, any word on ETA? Colors?

mtbr member
    I just don't understand these hubs... So much hype. Break a spoke and good luck finding a replacement at your lbs.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Two things: I haven't and have yet to hear of anyone else breaking a spoke (I have 2 sets) under normal riding conditions. And secondly, they ship with extra spokes.

The advantages are the 3 degree near-instant engagement and the extra stiffness from having the oversized spokes.

this account retired
    uh....only a mental patient would have a problem with this as you get extras with your wheels and I9 has a phone so its easy to always have backups, just like people with other wheels have on hand. no special tools needed

Baba Booey!
    They also make a sweet flanged fub same engagement and what not. I just got one and it is incredibly stiff laced to a 823. nice.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Two things: I haven't and have yet to hear of anyone else breaking a spoke (I have 2 sets) under normal riding conditions. And secondly, they ship with extra spokes.

The advantages are the 3 degree near-instant engagement and the extra stiffness from having the oversized spokes.
    You need to do a search on these forums, there are about 20 cases of randomly broken spokes.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    http://evomo.com/blog/2007/09/26/int...ay-three-pics/

Some shots from there I9 booth if you scroll down
    Thanks, love those faded spokes
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough

Iíve been riding a set of I9 for 2 years and have broken about 8 spokes in that time. If you break a spoke there is no grantee that I9 has replacements in stock in the proper size and color as I have found out.

mtbr member
    Well it's awesome that I9 ships extra spokes, I didn't know that. However I'm pretty sure that there isn't a spoke cutter in every bike shop out there. As bling as these are, I think thats the only real thing that keeps them attractive to the consumer. 3 degree engagement... who cares? It doesn't make you any faster, and if you're so worried about fast engagement then just go for a King or a Hadley. Now I'll openly admit that I'm an arrogant, stuck up ass but I just don't see it as being logical to throw down so much cash for these hubs when there is no standardized way of replacing the spokes. I can take my Phil Woods to any bike shop and get replacement spokes that day, if you run out of spokes that I9 sends you, you have to call and place an order and wait. And I'm going out on a limb here by saying I9 spokes are probably just a tad more pricey than your standard wheelsmith or DT swiss spoke.

It just doesn't make sense as to why these things are so popular. It's almost like the Milli Vanilli craze back in the day before everyone realized they were just faking it the whole time.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    Well it's awesome that I9 ships extra spokes, I didn't know that. However I'm pretty sure that there isn't a spoke cutter in every bike shop out there. As bling as these are, I think thats the only real thing that keeps them attractive to the consumer. 3 degree engagement... who cares? It doesn't make you any faster, and if you're so worried about fast engagement then just go for a King or a Hadley. Now I'll openly admit that I'm an arrogant, stuck up ass but I just don't see it as being logical to throw down so much cash for these hubs when there is no standardized way of replacing the spokes. I can take my Phil Woods to any bike shop and get replacement spokes that day, if you run out of spokes that I9 sends you, you have to call and place an order and wait. And I'm going out on a limb here by saying I9 spokes are probably just a tad more pricey than your standard wheelsmith or DT swiss spoke.

It just doesn't make sense as to why these things are so popular. It's almost like the Milli Vanilli craze back in the day before everyone realized they were just faking it the whole time.
    Milli Vanilli faking it?

Did I miss something?
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I guess most current Road and Mavic wheels would fall into this "lbs spoke" theory. Meaning they aren't likely to have all of those parts either. Funny thing is Mavic is probably the leader in wheel sale. Oh...my LBS is an I9 dealer and stocks plenty of spokes. I don't know anyone that owns a set that has broken a spoke.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by stratmosphere
    I guess most current Road and Mavic wheels would fall into this "lbs spoke" theory. Meaning they aren't likely to have all of those parts either. Funny thing is Mavic is probably the leader in wheel sale. Oh...my LBS is an I9 dealer and stocks plenty of spokes. I don't know anyone that owns a set that has broken a spoke.
    I broke one. So did Ventanarama. No biggie - we had extras.
    Life....the original terminal illness

not so super...
    I have broken one as well. I also had extras.
    Nothing to see here.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Milli Vanilli faking it?

Did I miss something?
    Don't Blame It on the Rain
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Thats a good shot of the SE OM Flyer Looptail. SE has been making "retro versions" of some of their popular BMX bikes from the early eighties including the PK Ripper, Quadangle, and OM Flyer Looptail. Very Cool.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Well it's awesome that I9 ships extra spokes, I didn't know that. blah blah blah....Milli Vanilli......
    Wow, you're gunna love the new Crank Bros wheels.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

All That is Man
    Sure it's a quality piece, but it all comes down to whoever is coolest on the internet. Buy the most expensive stuff you can so you can post it for everyone to look at and make you feel better.
    John

Is Muddy
    Why would you need to buy it when you could post a picture of whatever it is, and claim you own it? Doh!
    2007 Waltworks 29er,
    2007 Intense 5.5 EVP,
    2006 Specialized Langster,
    2002 Giant DH Comp,
    1993 KHS Montana Comp SS.

Cracker-magnon
    road wheels.....

pic 1
    pic 2
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Broke a spoke

and possibly a hub. Don't know though because they are all at interbike and there is no CS for a week. Yippy.

Oh, maybe you internet guys can help me. Well not really because one way or another I need some new parts.

So I brok a pawl. That I figure can be replaced. But I also bent and cracked this thin peice of aluminum the the bearing on my rear wheel drive side sits against. I can't tell if its a machined part of the hub or something that can be taken out. I would think I could take it out becuase its so darn thin.

Anyone know? I haven't really dicked around with it much, I had the LBS do it.

Nate

Oh, and engagement is cool. I never thought it was a big deal until I had to start using a different rear wheel, wow what a dif.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast