mtbr member

One day of dirt demo and we dont have squat!

What happened to this huge MTBR crew? We are getting more info from Pinkbike and Singletrack!

No, that's not phonetic
    That's cuz me, Krob, and Shlim aren't there.

The new Knolly on Pinkbike looks AMAZING. http://www.pinkbike.com/news/knolly-...bike-2010.html

mtbr member

Yeah, I'm usually there myself

I was the first one to get a ride review of the new delirium online last year. I had to choose between I-bike and Whistler this year, I chose Whistler. But the guys down there this year arent doing a very good job on reporting to the masses!

No, that's not phonetic
    It is 100 degrees F this year. Fock that.

mtbr does not cover the dirt demo. They usually just reprint whatever the marketing arms of the majors hand them and put that into their virtual trade show booths. Folks need to get DD coverage from other sites or from guerrilla reviewers like us. It's always been that way.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Bikerumour also.

Hell the product reps reveal more in their own sub-forums than mtbr staffers actually do in here ever.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

parts leftover
    If I were in Las Vegas, I'd be broadcasting out some reviews, guaranteed. It didn't work out this year, though.

mtbr member
    I got more up on my blog. The virtual booths are so over. I am sorry to report it, but they are. By the time they are up the photos are old news.

mtbr member
    thanks for the overnight pic updates

any other guerilla coverage going on we need to get together. PMs?
    Last edited by bighit; 09-22-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Short-Change-Hero
    WOOT!!!! Just read 29" review from day 2 and they are gonna get info from RST!! Apparently, they are remaking the M29 to be lighter, stiffer, better, and cheaper!!!!!

mtbr member
    We're at Interbike. We're writing and taking pictures. More to come this evening. http://cambriabike.tumblr.com/
    CBO, Inc.
    info@cambriabike.com
    "Shut Up And Ride"

No, that's not phonetic
    The floor show is OVER and mtbr can barely get a pic posted.

mtbr member

Yep

MTBR's coverage was pretty lame. We had better coverage by the independents with blogs. But one this assured, that banner will be on top of the page until the day before the show next year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yep, coverage has been uh, light, late and lame. Sorry mtbr, but you you gotta admit...it's time to cue the crickets and tumbleweed.

mtbr member
    i hope everyone enjoyed the underground movement over at undergroundvelo.blogspot.com. no disrespect to mtbr, but sometime you cant see the forest through the virtual booth. in other words.

HD pics of bike parts are like crotch shots. sure they are all look the same, but that dosent mean i am not going to look...again and again and again.

mtbr member
    264 pics just found. blog updated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by consolidated
    Yep, coverage has been uh, light, late and lame. Sorry mtbr, but you you gotta admit...it's time to cue the crickets and tumbleweed.
    One, the show is smaller, less guys going.

Two, i think a lot of the companies didn't want to cough up the dough for the virtual booths. The virtual booths are really cool, but like others have said, so much stuff gets revealed way before interbike these days.

mtbr member
    Yep, said it for years. How hard is it to take some pics and post them???

desert dweller
    Sorry guys,
    We've had issues uploading images -- all going smoothly now. Go check in the galleries section where we've added hundreds and hundreds of images.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/index.php/cat/561

and for road stuff:

http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/sh...ry.php/cat/752

mbb

Grams Light Bikes
    Very strange, we had mini daily coverage everyday starting from the indoor show? I did 15 daily entries, which some took me an extra week to complete (I do need to sleep at night so I can't pump them all out in 3 days). I hope mine didn't come off as marketing hyperbole, but you are getting the information or interview from either a PR firm, a internal PR/Marketing/Media person or hopefully the actual product developer or engineer, so yeah it might come off that way. The real grit will come out when I get to review the product?