2000ZX

New Wick Werks Rings

I bought a crank that came with a set of Wick Werks rings installed about a year and a half ago and really like the way they have held up and they have always shifted flawlessly.
    I've looked for these rings but cant find anywhere to buy them. I was checking over this years interbike venders and found where they had a booth.
    I saw a reference somewhere that they had a updated version of these rings.
    Did anyone see them or possibly get a demo ride using them? And where can you get them?

Thanks, ZX

Wax
    mtbr member
    try the intergoogles.....http://www.wickwerks.com/products.html
    Dropping In!!!

2000ZX
    Thanks for the link Wax. Have you ever had a ride using these rings. The rings I have are the earlier design on a XTR 960 crank, and they are a fantastic ring. -ZX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000ZX
    Thanks for the link Wax. Have you ever had a ride using these rings. The rings I have are the earlier design on a XTR 960 crank, and they are a fantastic ring. -ZX
    Hey, OP, I know this thread is really REALLY old, so sorry if you're not interested in this any longer, but if you are, I know Chris, the owner of WickWerks personally, and if you're having trouble ordering them off their website, I could probably get you a set directly through him.
    I need it up, you need it down. You don't see me complaining when you leave it down.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hi,

Chris here from WickWerks, I thought I'd join in this and add an update about WickWerks rings.

We are now in full production with our mountain rings and are on REV H.
    They are available on our website.
    The set that was tested last May in Mountain Bike Action was REV A.
    Team Kenda/Tomac raced earlier revisions in 2009 and Team Kenda/Felt is racing REV H of the rings this year.
    Kenda/Felt is also racing the Race-Face Next carbon crank that Race-Face kindly added our WW logo to.
    They also added our logo to the aluminum Deus crank.
    These cranks with our rings are a super sweet performing combination that will be available on our website soon.

Katie Compton won the US Nationals Short track in July of 2008 in MT. Snow, VT. on our mountain rings.
    She beat most of the competition in Europe and America in 2009 on our custom cross ring we did for the Zipp carbon crank she raced.
    She won the 2009 US Nationals Cyclo-Cross championship on our rings. That's six years in a row she's won it, incredible!
    If she hadn't gotten the leg injuries in January she would have been the first US rider, male or female, to ever win a World Cup in Cross in my opinion.
    Katie absolutely rocks, she's one of the hardest training bike riders in the world and I believe she'll win the World Cup in Cross very soon.
    We are extremely excited and lucky to be able to work with such a high caliber world class racer and person.

The WW rings are better performing than Shimano's XT and XTR rings in my opinion and the opinions of riders I've never had the pleasure of meeting but have received many great emails from, thank you!
    Our rings are designed for what I call a power shift, you give a fast full shift on the FD shifter and the WW ramped rings will engage and get up and onto the next ring super fast.
    You can even shift up a long hill and definitely faster than any other rings out there.

What WickWerks needs is somehow to get the word out about our ramped high performance rings.

These rings really do perform incredibly great, we've put a lot of work into these rings over the years.

Our issue is that riders that go into a bike shop or shop online are not looking for a way to upgrade the performance of the front drive-train of their bikes, they're not even thinking about that.

The only time riders look at replacing their rings is when they're worn out.
    I'd like to change that perception so that not only riders that are replacing their worn out rings choose WickWerks rings but those seeking a better performing bike mount a set up just because they want the most performance out of their ride.

I've updated the WickWerks.com website, it has some great 3D views of the ramped rings that you can spin around and zoom in on, check it out if you get a minute, it's pretty cool.

Thanks for reading.
    Chris

mtbr member
    Hey Chris, good to see you out here. While I don't get to hit the trails all that often, I've participated in these forums for a few years, and they folks here seem like the type that would get excited about your rings. The site looks good by the way!
    I need it up, you need it down. You don't see me complaining when you leave it down.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Chris, thanks for posting your update. Agreed KC rocks...........
    I have a XT crank and would love to go 2x9! Do you make a 26 tooth small and a 38 or 39 or 40 medium? Any thoughts on the new 10 speeds? Will you have aftermarket rings that play well either with the new XX or Shimano's ten? Thanks again...

Members who have read this thread: 1