mtbr member

Interbike Dirt Demo. What should I ride?

Heading to I-bike again and plan on posting up some impressions on the bikes I ride.

I've got a list of bikes I'd like to ride, but what do you want to hear about? What new bikes have you all worked up and losing sleep at night?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I would love to see some more info on the new Trek Slash and the re-shaped Trek Remedy.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Intense Spider 29

2012 Turners ( Sultan , Spot , RFX ? )

Anything Knolly brings

New Ventanas hopefully

Niner Jet 9 RDO....to name a few ! TIG.

mtbr member

Smile

Any 650b bikes! New KHS in particular, Jamis as well.

MyBikeStand.com
    Come visit me at the Novatec wheels booth!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Heading to I-bike again and plan on posting up some impressions on the bikes I ride.

I've got a list of bikes I'd like to ride, but what do you want to hear about? What new bikes have you all worked up and losing sleep at night?
    Go ride the salsa/surly bikes with their new fat tires.

I am missing IB this year.
    Wish I could get a pair of the CB demo pedals like I do most years.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    I would love to see some more info on the new Trek Slash and the re-shaped Trek Remedy.
    I'll try. Last time I was there, Trek was a little janky with loaning out their bikes if you weren't a Trek dealer.

Haven't been keeping up with Trek. What kind of bike is the new Slash?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN View Post
    ( RFX ? )

Anything Knolly brings

New Ventanas hopefully

Niner Jet 9 RDO....to name a few ! TIG.
    RFX.... if only. Actually, I'm not even sure if Turner will be at the dirt demo this year.

Tracer 29er on the list as well as the new Intense carbon trail bike.

Anything Noel brings will definitely be on the list... but I heard they weren't going to be demoing any bikes at the Interbike either.

Ventana has some new or updated models in the works? I'll have to check out their booth.

Niner hasn't been at the dirt demo the last few years. We'll see what they have if they show up. What's the Jet 9 RDO? Carbon?

RFX.... if only. Actually, I'm not even sure if Turner will be at the dirt demo this year.

Tracer 29er on the list as well as the new Intense carbon trail bike.

Anything Noel brings will definitely be on the list... but I heard they weren't going to be demoing any bikes at the Interbike either.

Ventana has some new or updated models in the works? I'll have to check out their booth.

Niner hasn't been at the dirt demo the last few years. We'll see what they have if they show up. What's the Jet 9 RDO? Carbon?
    There is an interbike smartphone app with exhibitor lists and interactive maps (plus other stuff).
    There are many companies not listed.
    mtbtires.com

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Yeah , Ventana has made a number of changes or updates on their new frames !

Jet 9 RDO is a FS 29er carbon frame with 4 " rear travel and more of a xc racing geometry but will accept a 120 mm travel fork as well from what I've heard ! TIG.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    If you can throw a leg over the Ibis Ripley, I'd like to get your impression.

mtbr member
    They aren't going to be there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Krob, have you ever been able to grab a bike from the Specialized booth in the past?

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Krob, glad to hear you are going this year. I would be very interested in featuring whatever write-ups you do. I'll hit you up on PM.

Shiggy, sorry to hear that you won't be going! Don't you have a pretty long streak of attending?
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermiss View Post
    If you can throw a leg over the Ibis Ripley, I'd like to get your impression.
    Ripley is still a prototype, maybe Sea Otter for a ride report

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    Krob, have you ever been able to grab a bike from the Specialized booth in the past?
    Never even tried to be honest. Seems like the lines were always too long. Oh, I take that back. The first year I went when it was out in Blue Diamond I tried to get something with the new Brain Shock but it was too close to closing time and they weren't letting anymore bikes go out.

I did ride a Demo 9 a couple years ago but I picked it up at the Elka shock booth.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Krob, glad to hear you are going this year. I would be very interested in featuring whatever write-ups you do. I'll hit you up on PM.

Shiggy, sorry to hear that you won't be going! Don't you have a pretty long streak of attending?
    I think this will be just the second or third time I have missed IB since the mid '90s.
    mtbtires.com

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Hi Mr. KRob,

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Bionicon Alva 180 Air and Alva Coil....if they even have a demo available. If you haven't heard of them before here is all you could want to know:
    Bionicon Is On The Move - Eurobike 2011 - Pinkbike.com

That said I'll look forward to whatever reviews you care to share. In the past I've always found more value in your comments than the standard marketing material I've come to expect from Mtbr.com.

Thanks,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

it's the ride....
    May 2004

There are always questions on how it's feel when ridden back to back, i.e mid/long legged short links virtual pivot bikes. I am talking such like Ibis Mojo SLR/HD, SC Nomad, Blur TRc, Yeti SB-66, Pivot Mach 5.7/Firebird, Intense Tracer/Carbine, Turner (are they still in business...?? ).
    Not sure if they're all be represented this year. I know you have ridden some of them last year, but they are some also tweaked/tuned for different feel this year along with new releases.

KRob, certainly your vast experience of riding many diiferent type of bikes would give us a heads up on how's the technical "invention" is translated to the ride feel.
    I really enjoyed your unbiased write up last year, expecting the same for this year. (Honestly for someone who live in the different part of the globe, such write up is invaluable reference, much better than running through mags crappy report).
    Thanks a bunch...
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carverboy View Post
    Any 650b bikes! New KHS in particular, Jamis as well.
    +1

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Never even tried to be honest. Seems like the lines were always too long. Oh, I take that back. The first year I went when it was out in Blue Diamond I tried to get something with the new Brain Shock but it was too close to closing time and they weren't letting anymore bikes go out.

I did ride a Demo 9 a couple years ago but I picked it up at the Elka shock booth.
    Specialized booth sounds like too much of a zoo.

Guess it would be cool to hear about Formula brakes. Think they're gonna replace The Ones.

And maybe grab a bike with one of those Fox pull shocks, would be nice to hear how they compare.

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    I wonder if there is any ride report now...
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...