Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,985

    Interbike Dirt Demo. What should I ride?

    Heading to I-bike again and plan on posting up some impressions on the bikes I ride.

    I've got a list of bikes I'd like to ride, but what do you want to hear about? What new bikes have you all worked up and losing sleep at night?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    I would love to see some more info on the new Trek Slash and the re-shaped Trek Remedy.

  3. #3
    T , V , & K Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,337
    Intense Spider 29

    2012 Turners ( Sultan , Spot , RFX ? )

    Anything Knolly brings

    New Ventanas hopefully

    Niner Jet 9 RDO....to name a few ! TIG.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: carverboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    542

    Smile

    Any 650b bikes! New KHS in particular, Jamis as well.

  5. #5
    MyBikeStand.com
    Reputation: WingNutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    332
    Come visit me at the Novatec wheels booth!

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,034
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Heading to I-bike again and plan on posting up some impressions on the bikes I ride.

    I've got a list of bikes I'd like to ride, but what do you want to hear about? What new bikes have you all worked up and losing sleep at night?
    Go ride the salsa/surly bikes with their new fat tires.

    I am missing IB this year.
    Wish I could get a pair of the CB demo pedals like I do most years.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    I would love to see some more info on the new Trek Slash and the re-shaped Trek Remedy.
    I'll try. Last time I was there, Trek was a little janky with loaning out their bikes if you weren't a Trek dealer.

    Haven't been keeping up with Trek. What kind of bike is the new Slash?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN View Post
    ( RFX ? )

    Anything Knolly brings

    New Ventanas hopefully

    Niner Jet 9 RDO....to name a few ! TIG.
    RFX.... if only. Actually, I'm not even sure if Turner will be at the dirt demo this year.

    Tracer 29er on the list as well as the new Intense carbon trail bike.

    Anything Noel brings will definitely be on the list... but I heard they weren't going to be demoing any bikes at the Interbike either.

    Ventana has some new or updated models in the works? I'll have to check out their booth.

    Niner hasn't been at the dirt demo the last few years. We'll see what they have if they show up. What's the Jet 9 RDO? Carbon?

  9. #9
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,034
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    RFX.... if only. Actually, I'm not even sure if Turner will be at the dirt demo this year.

    Tracer 29er on the list as well as the new Intense carbon trail bike.

    Anything Noel brings will definitely be on the list... but I heard they weren't going to be demoing any bikes at the Interbike either.

    Ventana has some new or updated models in the works? I'll have to check out their booth.

    Niner hasn't been at the dirt demo the last few years. We'll see what they have if they show up. What's the Jet 9 RDO? Carbon?
    There is an interbike smartphone app with exhibitor lists and interactive maps (plus other stuff).
    There are many companies not listed.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  10. #10
    T , V , & K Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Ventana has some new or updated models in the works? I'll have to check out their booth.

    Niner hasn't been at the dirt demo the last few years. We'll see what they have if they show up. What's the Jet 9 RDO? Carbon?

    Yeah , Ventana has made a number of changes or updates on their new frames !

    Jet 9 RDO is a FS 29er carbon frame with 4 " rear travel and more of a xc racing geometry but will accept a 120 mm travel fork as well from what I've heard ! TIG.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    241
    If you can throw a leg over the Ibis Ripley, I'd like to get your impression.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PG256's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    RFX.... if only. Actually, I'm not even sure if Turner will be at the dirt demo this year.
    They aren't going to be there.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,237
    Krob, have you ever been able to grab a bike from the Specialized booth in the past?

  14. #14
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,846
    Krob, glad to hear you are going this year. I would be very interested in featuring whatever write-ups you do. I'll hit you up on PM.

    Shiggy, sorry to hear that you won't be going! Don't you have a pretty long streak of attending?
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  15. #15
    Grams Light Bikes
    Reputation: pastajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermiss View Post
    If you can throw a leg over the Ibis Ripley, I'd like to get your impression.
    Ripley is still a prototype, maybe Sea Otter for a ride report

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    Krob, have you ever been able to grab a bike from the Specialized booth in the past?
    Never even tried to be honest. Seems like the lines were always too long. Oh, I take that back. The first year I went when it was out in Blue Diamond I tried to get something with the new Brain Shock but it was too close to closing time and they weren't letting anymore bikes go out.

    I did ride a Demo 9 a couple years ago but I picked it up at the Elka shock booth.

  17. #17
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,034
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Krob, glad to hear you are going this year. I would be very interested in featuring whatever write-ups you do. I'll hit you up on PM.

    Shiggy, sorry to hear that you won't be going! Don't you have a pretty long streak of attending?
    I think this will be just the second or third time I have missed IB since the mid '90s.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  18. #18
    Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Heading to I-bike again and plan on posting up some impressions on the bikes I ride.

    I've got a list of bikes I'd like to ride, but what do you want to hear about? What new bikes have you all worked up and losing sleep at night?
    Hi Mr. KRob,

    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Bionicon Alva 180 Air and Alva Coil....if they even have a demo available. If you haven't heard of them before here is all you could want to know:
    Bionicon Is On The Move - Eurobike 2011 - Pinkbike.com

    That said I'll look forward to whatever reviews you care to share. In the past I've always found more value in your comments than the standard marketing material I've come to expect from Mtbr.com.

    Thanks,

    Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

  19. #19
    it's the ride....
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Heading to I-bike again and plan on posting up some impressions on the bikes I ride.

    I've got a list of bikes I'd like to ride, but what do you want to hear about? What new bikes have you all worked up and losing sleep at night?
    There are always questions on how it's feel when ridden back to back, i.e mid/long legged short links virtual pivot bikes. I am talking such like Ibis Mojo SLR/HD, SC Nomad, Blur TRc, Yeti SB-66, Pivot Mach 5.7/Firebird, Intense Tracer/Carbine, Turner (are they still in business...?? ).
    Not sure if they're all be represented this year. I know you have ridden some of them last year, but they are some also tweaked/tuned for different feel this year along with new releases.

    KRob, certainly your vast experience of riding many diiferent type of bikes would give us a heads up on how's the technical "invention" is translated to the ride feel.
    I really enjoyed your unbiased write up last year, expecting the same for this year. (Honestly for someone who live in the different part of the globe, such write up is invaluable reference, much better than running through mags crappy report).
    Thanks a bunch...
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by carverboy View Post
    Any 650b bikes! New KHS in particular, Jamis as well.
    +1

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Never even tried to be honest. Seems like the lines were always too long. Oh, I take that back. The first year I went when it was out in Blue Diamond I tried to get something with the new Brain Shock but it was too close to closing time and they weren't letting anymore bikes go out.

    I did ride a Demo 9 a couple years ago but I picked it up at the Elka shock booth.
    Specialized booth sounds like too much of a zoo.

    Guess it would be cool to hear about Formula brakes. Think they're gonna replace The Ones.

    And maybe grab a bike with one of those Fox pull shocks, would be nice to hear how they compare.

  22. #22
    it's the ride....
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    512
    I wonder if there is any ride report now...
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

Similar Threads

  1. RFX @ interbike dirt demo?
    By TIMBERRR in forum Turner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 03:05 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:11 PM
  3. Interbike Dirt Demo fun...
    By beagledadi in forum Nevada
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 07:25 AM
  4. Interbike Dirt Demo day 1 report.
    By Christiaan in forum Turner
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •