That biker guy

Headed to Interbike Today

Well... A couple friends who where there yesterday were REALLY disappointed in the show. They said non of the big bike companies were there, the show is considerably smaller and attendance is down big time.. I can share my thoughts when I finish making rounds

mtbr member
    hmmm, i went yesterday. i wonder what big companies weren't there? i did notice a few more smaller companies (or maybe i missed them last year).

fwiw, seemed to be as big as last year.

That biker guy
    lol... Well maybe he missed them! Could have been the case. I was there last year & noticed it was smaller than 2 years previous.. Well lets see what cool stuff they will have when I finish this cup of coffee!

mtbr member
    Honestly, the big bike companies (trek, specialized, etc) aren't on my radar. i was checking out the smaller companies, component companies. lots of good stuff.

That biker guy
    I think I know what the problem is w/ Interbike... it is totally missing the WOW factor at the show. Instead of having to decide what to see and do.. You have to find something to see and do. It took me a few years coming to the show to finally realize this.. Most of the bike booths are dull and boring. Some of the people working the booths are just as boring which makes it even worst. There is nothing to grab you and pull you to the booth and displays. Nothing to WOW you and keep you drooling. The booths and displays are not designed to attract people, but to merely display product.

This is all just my .02 cents.. and you will prob get change back. lol!

mtbr member
    all true, George.

if it was open to the public i think there would be more WOW.
    instead, it's companies selling stuff to other companies. DULL

That biker guy
    I guess I am use to most vendors trying to draw you to their products like they do at SEMA. Thats an all WOW industry trade show and you cant finish it in 1 day. They have events going on all the time with vendors testing/proving their products and tons of gimmicks that eventually bring you to their booths.. and in the back of my mind, I guess I was looking for the same from the bicycle vendors.. But its 2 different worlds and I have to get that into my mind even tho I totally wish the bicycle world would step it up a notch and so something totally radical like have a Red Bull event event during the show, an indoor DH course/race bla bla bla... ok.. Time for me to go to bed! lol!