Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    just ride
    Reputation: chequamagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    dirt demo report, a Titanium Niner!

    Snapped a few pics today at the dirt demo, and have a few ride reports. Seemingly the most interesting is that one of Niner's "suprises" for interbike was hanging at the Sram tent right before closing time.

    Up close, it was definately Niner and definately Titanium. Name was TSI or TMI. Something like that. Closer pics and details he said would be revealed tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    536
    Sweet. I'll take one each SS and Gears please. It looks like the downtube graphics are just a temporary wrap thing, but a white panel paintjob like that would look pretty cool

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    209
    mmmm geared titanium niner........

  4. #4
    Where's Toto?
    Reputation: endure26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,196
    Sweet...SOLD !

    I was saving pennies for a Jet9 to go with my Air and Sir. Now this. Sh!t!!! I'm going to have to get a second job or cash in my 401k or something.

  5. #5
    29er Geek
    Reputation: tozovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,540
    I must say that looks hot...guessing it will be a pretty penny...figure a Scandium one9 is $799........
    unityhandbuilt

  6. #6
    mcd
    mcd is offline
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,027
    oh mama!

    and even if it's way more than $799 it will be waay less than custom, and i'm a perfect fit on my med sir 9...
    disclaimer: i (NO LONGER) live with my mom...

  7. #7
    JJT
    JJT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd
    oh mama!

    and even if it's way more than $799 it will be waay less than custom, and i'm a perfect fit on my med sir 9...
    I agree with that (but then for the XL size)!!

    Of course people start shouting they want a ti one 9 (me!!) but this is a good starter

    JJ
    Singlespeed Central - European SS and 29" webshop

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,129
    That's got your name written all over it mcd!!!

  9. #9
    Captain Underpants
    Reputation: Random Drivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,300
    Sorry, but I'd rather have a Moots and be poorer by $1500



















    (kidding)

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: unstuckpilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    118
    And that looks to me like an EBB shell.

  11. #11
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,761

    Droool!

    man I want one!
    Read my BLOG!

    Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

    http://www.borealisbikes.com/

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    55
    Nice photo-shooting, you grabbed a unique one there

  13. #13
    29er Geek
    Reputation: tozovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd
    oh mama!

    and even if it's way more than $799 it will be waay less than custom, and i'm a perfect fit on my med sir 9...

    maybe way less, but maybe not...A hand made Aluminum Hardtail 29er, built here in the US is about the same price as a one9...I said in another thread that I think Niner makes some gorgeous frames, but I think they are at a price point for something made here in the US, not overseas. Say it is $1200 or so...$1500 for a Moots tailored to you is just a few bucks away.

    Regardless, Niner makes some amazing stuff and I badly want a RIP9...
    unityhandbuilt

  14. #14
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,002
    That's not a Ultimate repair stand......
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    76
    that is sweet!
    i have an EMD. Love the thing.
    only thing I dont like about Niner's are the color choices/schemes....too generic.
    the Ti photo above has a classic looking decal, simple as it is it something like that could enhance the entire line aesthetically. fwiw

  16. #16
    29er Geek
    Reputation: tozovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by whattheheck
    that is sweet!
    i have an EMD. Love the thing.
    only thing I dont like about Niner's are the color choices/schemes....too generic.
    the Ti photo above has a classic looking decal, simple as it is it something like that could enhance the entire line aesthetically. fwiw

    yeah the classic panel look is very cool.
    unityhandbuilt

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by tozovr
    maybe way less, but maybe not...A hand made Aluminum Hardtail 29er, built here in the US is about the same price as a one9...I said in another thread that I think Niner makes some gorgeous frames, but I think they are at a price point for something made here in the US, not overseas. Say it is $1200 or so...$1500 for a Moots tailored to you is just a few bucks away.

    Regardless, Niner makes some amazing stuff and I badly want a RIP9...
    Ummmm........a Moots on the speedgoat.com site is almost $2,575!!! So you are off by a grand and change tozovr.

    However it would be interesting to see the Niner pricepoint compared to that of a custom built Quiring Ti frame. Scott had some crazy great Ti prices going (maybe he's adjusted them a bit, maybe not).

  18. #18
    29er Geek
    Reputation: tozovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Ummmm........a Moots on the speedgoat.com site is almost $2,575!!! So you are off by a grand and change tozovr.

    However it would be interesting to see the Niner pricepoint compared to that of a custom built Quiring Ti frame. Scott had some crazy great Ti prices going (maybe he's adjusted them a bit, maybe not).

    I was using the $1500 figure as posted by the fella above...I have no idea how much a Ti frame goes for LOL....The long and short of it is the Taiwanese Niners are expensive, but nice...I'd assume they won't be busting pricepoints with a Ti bike.
    unityhandbuilt

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: power-san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    253
    How much do you think a Ti. would weigh compared to the Scandium?
    The scandium is 3.1 on a medium..

    Man, I was all set on getting the Kermit Air 9... now, I'm doubting that cause of this thread!!
    What happens in Vegas....I brag about for years....

  20. #20
    The Duuude, man...
    Reputation: ncj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    That's the very first Niner brand bike/frame that has looked good to me.


    My peakosity is curious'ed...or something like that...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1-bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by tozovr
    maybe way less, but maybe not...A hand made Aluminum Hardtail 29er, built here in the US is about the same price as a one9...I said in another thread that I think Niner makes some gorgeous frames, but I think they are at a price point for something made here in the US, not overseas. Say it is $1200 or so...$1500 for a Moots tailored to you is just a few bucks away.

    Regardless, Niner makes some amazing stuff and I badly want a RIP9...
    The manufacturing origin has some place in pricing, but oversea manu's are making some of the best frames out there. GIANT has the best frame making facility, technology and financial backing when it come to frame building. The fact that their labor is cheaper, does not mean they make a cheaper product or it's value is necessarily less. However, it would be nice if the reselling companies passed the saving on to the consumers. Rant over..

    I will take one TMI and JET9 to go please...
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davidcopperfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,713
    Niner please make me a Titanium RIP9. HT are no sensation Perhaps WOF9 Titanium version.

  23. #23
    In FTF We Trust
    Reputation: el-cid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by power-san
    How much do you think a Ti. would weigh compared to the Scandium?
    The scandium is 3.1 on a medium..

    Man, I was all set on getting the Kermit Air 9... now, I'm doubting that cause of this thread!!
    I would guess that a similar sized ti. frame would weigh 0.5-1 lb more than a Scandium frame. The ti. frame would (arguably maybe) ride nicer and last longer. Plus, it's ti., jeez.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

    Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

  24. #24
    29er Geek
    Reputation: tozovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar
    The manufacturing origin has some place in pricing, but oversea manu's are making some of the best frames out there. GIANT has the best frame making facility, technology and financial backing when it come to frame building. The fact that their labor is cheaper, does not mean they make a cheaper product or it's value is necessarily less. However, it would be nice if the reselling companies passed the saving on to the consumers. Rant over..

    I will take one TMI and JET9 to go please...

    Do you mean Taiwanese frames are not cheap, but instead priced properly, thus American made frame are overpriced?
    unityhandbuilt

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by tozovr
    Do you mean Taiwanese frames are not cheap, but instead priced properly, thus American made frame are overpriced?
    I think his argument was a quality (quality control) argument and not a price argument.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •