You know, for kids

best Interbike quotes?

from a supposed BMX component designer - "BMX rear spacing is 120mm"
    Ummmm, no it's not

heard while watching the BMX demo the night of the Crit at Mandalay Bay, said by the BMX event's MC - "...brought to you by Bulldog Bikes, the hottest brand on the planet...and the Toyota Prius, 42 MILES PER GALLON OH MY GOD!!!!!"
    I've never heard of Bulldog Bikes and LOL on the Toyota Prius shpiel

from almost every Asian exhibitor - "Asian/English mumbled gibberish" could not be understood
    geez, learn to speak English for trying to sell your product to people who speak English, or hire someone who speaks English
    disclaimer: I sell and repair bicycles

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I saw a sticker that said "Interbike is NOT about getting free stuff"..... hmm maybe he was lost?
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

My dogs are barkin
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap

from almost every Asian exhibitor - "Asian/English mumbled gibberish" could not be understood
    geez, learn to speak English for trying to sell your product to people who speak English, or hire someone who speaks English
    How's your Chinese? Might be more relevant...
    I know just enough to be dangerous
    --Me

SoCAL
    06/17/2009

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    from a fat guy that was on the phone. "I'm so excited, There's 5 or 6 electric bike companies here...i've been talking to all of them, but it's such a hard decision. I just want the coolest one in the shop."
    all i could picture is me stabbing myself if i owned a shop that had an electric bike

You know, for kids
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpearson
    from a fat guy that was on the phone. "I'm so excited, There's 5 or 6 electric bike companies here...i've been talking to all of them, but it's such a hard decision. I just want the coolest one in the shop."
    all i could picture is me stabbing myself if i owned a shop that had an electric bike
    The Ultramotor bikes were pretty cool. I took one on the road loop and zipped passed all the roadies, even uphill. Another guy from my shop took one all the way up to the top of the dirt road for the downhill guys and bombed backed down the road on one and almost lost it. That was a good time. But yah, I feel you on having one in the shop, that'd be pretty lame. I'd rather buy a scooter if I were that lazy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    electric bike? LOL what's next - automatic shifts, cruise control?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    "...and the Czech rider is wearing some kind of odd, European helmet..." At the Arena Cross, from super-announcer Larry Huffman. Actually, it was a basic Pro-tec skater helmet.

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008
    "that's my boyfriend over there"

Hmmmmm
    "Eric you animal !"
    Said by the head of Mountain Cycle America, after I snapped a seat post collar.

"Sadly, Bootleg wouldn't be here if it wasn't for our zip lines, the installation of the zip lines keeps everyone happy, including the mountain bikers."
    Said by the owner of the flight lines at Bootleg, to a crowd of unsuspecting tourists.
    It's what I call the "I'm the savior of Bootleg" speech.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    "Sadly, Bootleg wouldn't be here if it wasn't for our zip lines, the installation of the zip lines keeps everyone happy, including the mountain bikers."
    Said by the owner of the flight lines at Bootleg, to a crowd of unsuspecting tourists.
    It's what I call the "I'm the savior of Bootleg" speech.
    I was told that the Zip Lines pay Bootleg $8000/ month plus $10/ rider. Obviously BC was there first, but with the rising value of the land, this makes it more of a multi use area and might help it stay that way.

I like the creative way Brent "lowered" the trail so the riders don't get whacked by the Zip Liners.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

SonyaLooney
    "It's Dave Wiens!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!"

http://sonyalooney.missingsaddle.com

not a forum admin

you are a bigot

You know, for kids
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    you are a bigot

No, I'm a person who doesn't understand Chinese/Taiwanese/Korean who was trying to talk to people who speak those languages, people that don't understand English very well either. It's frustrating trying to discuss bike stuffs when neither language being spoken by both parties is being fully understood, if at all.

you are an administrator

See, that line actually speaks the truth.

not a forum admin
    No, I'm a person who doesn't understand Chinese/Taiwanese/Korean who was trying to talk to people who speak those languages who basically don't understand English very well either.

"geez, learn to speak English for trying to sell your product to people who speak English"

You are a bigot.

You know, for kids
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    "geez, learn to speak English for trying to sell your product to people who speak English"

You are a bigot.

Okay, speak to me in Chinese/Taiwanese/Korean about your product, I won't understand, and will buy what I want from someone else.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    You sir are a bigot.
    Really, this attitude from admis/mods?

"Interbike is NOT about getting free stuff"
    What free stuff can you get at interbike?

Okay, speak to me in Chinese/Taiwanese/Korean about your product, I won't understand, and will buy what I want from someone else.
    Wonder how the guys in Taiwan and China laugh about the guys from the states who speak and write English at a high school level who come over and ask them to make all their stuff. Maybe they should adopt an attitude like yours, something along the lines of "maybe they should learn to speak our language if they want us to build their stuff and sell to them". They're smarter than that, though, and usually speak a couple languages, unlike most folk here in the states who barely learn their "stuffs".

ps I used to do business in Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan and thankfully my hosts were very gracious and didn't hold it against me that I only spoke English...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

You know, for kids
    My point was not that I held it against them, only that their efforts to properly communicate with an English speaking market were very poor. I cannot do business with someone I cannot fully comprehend.

and "stuffs" is stupid internet lingo, I forgot how we all use proper English on this forum at all times way to go catching that one, smartshine

My point was not that I held it against them, only that their efforts to properly communicate with an English speaking market were very poor. I cannot do business with someone I cannot fully comprehend.

and "stuffs" is stupid internet lingo, I forgot how we all use proper English on this forum at all times way to go catching that one, smartshine
    Hey I'm just quoting you, sugarbuns. English isn't a given, but that point is apparently beyond you. Too bad you expect the whole world to kiss your ass, you (and/or your family) is likely to find this kind of self-centered attitude will only take you so far, especially as the Amurricun buying machine keeps crumbling....but in your world everyone comes to you SWTFDIM...
    suum quique

You know, for kids
    you sure told me, I'm going to go learn 4 more languages RIGHT NOW

I'm going to go learn 4 more languages RIGHT NOW

And I'm going to win the TDF.

I cannot do business with someone I cannot fully comprehend

You have a lot of problems then....
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Clearly, you DO have an agenda with this as coming out of the Interbike Land of Wonders, this is all you can come back with?

I used to know a lot of people in business who had this same attitude, which more or less is the old, "If they want to do business in America, then they should speak American!"

"Used to know," as they've since gone out of business because of their inflexible and insensitive attitude.

You know, for kids
    funny how my business is growing exponentially then

mtbr member
    bam!