willtsmith_nwi

Antidote bladders

Any word on when Antidote bladders are hitting stores. I need a new bladder, but I want the newest stuff. No sense buying the "old" technology at this point.

banned
    Apr 2010
    What's so good about them?

mtbr member
    i dont see how much technology can be put in a plastic bag with a straw sticking out of it..

AZ
    banned

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Antidotes have a baffle in them to keep them from bulging out when full....also have a new filler port cap that seals in a quarter turn and has a built in "clip" feature that keeps the bladder "open" for easier drying after cleaning. The tube also has a new "quick connect" for easier removal for cleaning and better leak prevention and what not.....no more fighting to get the damn thing off.

Picked up two at Interbike for my Don.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by willtsmith_nwi
    Any word on when Antidote bladders are hitting stores. I need a new bladder, but I want the newest stuff. No sense buying the "old" technology at this point.
    According to their PR Letter on their website early 2011.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    it'd be nice if the shape of the bladder when full was more flattened than the huge tube that the omegas turn into and swell out the hydration packs.

any idea if these would fit with dakine packs?
    how durable a bike or component is usually has a lot to do with how heavy and ugly it is.

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by eat_dirt
    it'd be nice if the shape of the bladder when full was more flattened than the huge tube that the omegas turn into and swell out the hydration packs.

any idea if these would fit with dakine packs?
    It is flatter now, it sits wider and is thinner overall compared to the older bladder, and it does make a big difference when in the pack, you no longer have the bowed out issue. I would think it would be fine in the Dakine pack, but I don't have one to test it in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Antidote bladders-anti_bladder.jpg  

Transition Blindside v5
    I've been waiting for their Omega-retrofitting "Quick Link™ Conversion Kit" ($10) to come out (not until the end of March '11, per Camelbak).

But, in the meanwhile, I was wondering if I could use their "HydroLink™ Filter Adapter" ($7) instead to do the same. Anyone done this?

Using the filter-adapter kit (at the bladder end, as opposed to at its intended mouth-piece end) to retrofit Omega, I'm thinking that I'd just have to cut a short piece of tube at the bladder end to have the female piece (with a shut-off), then connect the drinking tube end with the male piece.

My two questions/concerns are...

(A) I wonder if the fitting tightness of the male piece into the tube isn't as tight/strong. Comparing the male pieces of the adapter kit (with 4-line "ribs") vs conversion kit (with 3 triangular-edged "ridges", as normally seen with other classic Camelbak pieces), I'm not sure if the adapter kit's male piece can semi-permanently hang on to the tube (through rough uses in pack) as tightly as the conversion kit's male piece can...?

(B) I'm assuming that the female piece doesn't have "auto shut-off" (upon disconnecting), since it has a manual shut-off switch. (YES/NO?)

I have a trip coming up before the conversion kit becomes available. I could just pick up a new Antidote bladder ($35) and be done with it, but I have way too many functioning Omega bladders (in every size) to justify that.

Thanks for your feedback in advance,
    - PiroChu
    Last edited by PiroChu; 03-02-2011 at 11:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Such a very amazing link!

Ride'n Dirty
    The new Antidote bladders are nice, two things that I like:

1. 1/4 turn to open and close, so if you suffer from arthritis in your hands, this will be a welcome relief.

2. The quick disconnect makes pulling the bladder out easier, especially when trying to refill the thing at a water fountain.

Also worth noting is the bite valve shut off lever has been redesigned as well.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Probie1Kenobi
    The new Antidote bladders are nice, two things that I like:

1. 1/4 turn to open and close, so if you suffer from arthritis in your hands, this will be a welcome relief.

2. The quick disconnect makes pulling the bladder out easier, especially when trying to refill the thing at a water fountain.

Also worth noting is the bite valve shut off lever has been redesigned as well.
    I think the support rib/baffle is the feature I like the best. Makes the pack, older mule, fit better.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

Ride'n Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd
    I think the support rib/baffle is the feature I like the best. Makes the pack, older mule, fit better.

Definitely easier to put a filled bladder back in as demonstrated yesterday when I tried out the new bladder in my Mule. Slipped right in!

I really liked the quick disconnect hose at the bottom as well. Worth replacing older with new for all the added features.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I love my Antidote bladder but after a couple months the lid has sprung a slow leak

The O ring is a littled different and seems to have a slice on both sides all the way around. I assume it's meant to sit in a certain way, but I don't know which way? It is sitting flush to the top of the lid so I've no idea what the problem is. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thegallery View Post
    I love my Antidote bladder but after a couple months the lid has sprung a slow leak

The O ring is a littled different and seems to have a slice on both sides all the way around. I assume it's meant to sit in a certain way, but I don't know which way? It is sitting flush to the top of the lid so I've no idea what the problem is. Any ideas?
    Mine did the same thing. I switched to the Deuter bladder, so much better.

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pelts79 View Post
    Mine did the same thing. I switched to the Deuter bladder, so much better.
    They use Source bladders (out of Israel), which are much like Hydrapak's system.

mtbr member
    The funny thing about this "tech" is that us Military guys have been using it (albeit it's not blue and pretty) for quite a while now. LOL.

I've had the quick-disconnect tubes, and bladders (100oz) for over 2 years. They work great.

MIL-spec HAWG for the WIN!

Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

here to make friends
    Mine works flawlessly

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I pulled the o ring off and put back on. I'm not sure which way it's meant to go, but it's now sealing up again just fine

mtbr member
    ive had the 100oz antidote bladder for a few months now and i havent had any problems although i was apprehensive about the quick release on the hose, the only bit of water that falls out is whatever is in the hose. i use the dryer legs to open it to dry or in the freezer with it half full of water to freeze osvernight before my next ride...
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

Transition Blindside v5

We the people ...

Just to quickly report that my Antidote bladder (70oz) from April '11 started to leak from/around the yellow release/engage push-in button now. I've been using it at a twice-a-week pace. My 100oz one is still OK, though I hardly use that one.