MTBR Member

Annual Interbike attendees - I need your help

I am wondering if anyone who regularly attends the Interbike show can identify the year in which the "Interbike Outdoor DEMO" wrist band pictured, came from. It was within the last few years and I am assuming that the color is changed each year.[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG] Unfortunately, I could not get a closeup to come out clear. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Matt

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Strong little bugars...

It's time......
    I should be out riding....

MTBR Member
    Thanks for the link. So, is that how they look every year? I have never been, but I believe the one I have found came from the 2006 Interbike show. What is that wrist band used for?

Lone Wolf McQuade
    The wrist band is a symbol that you've officially checked in for the Outdoor Demo. That's when you get your demo cards to demo the bikes and misc. items. The band is only good for the Outdoor Demo, it doesn't do much at the main show.

MTBR Member
    Have you been to the last few Outdoor demos at interbike? Has the wrist band been red for awhile? Also, do they use any vehicles to transport you to and from the demo? Thanks for the info.

Lone Wolf McQuade
    This is my third year and I don't remember the wrist bands being any other color. There are large buses that provide shuttle service to attendees to and from the Outdoor Demo to the strip. I live here in Las Vegas and drive 10 minutes to Bootleg, I'm a little spoiled in that sense.

http://www.vimeo.com/2023015

mtbr member
    I was thinking last year's bands were lime green.... so I dug through some of my old photos and sure enough.....
    Here's a pic of tscheezy sportin' the colors for 2007.

You planning on fabricating a replica so you can sneak in next year... or do you just collect sweaty, torn up wrist bands?
    Attached Images Attached Images

MTBR Member
    Well, just trying to gather some information and thanks for that piece. Did you happen to go to the 2006 Interbike Outdoor demo? I would be interested to see what the color and design of that year's wristband was.

mtbr member
    A search on this forum for interbike dirt demo reports brought up tscheezy's thread from 2006 and this picture. It looks like lime green again but could be yellow. Not sure how true the colors in the photo are.

Larry from moutain high cyclery (I think) riding a Norco Six: Photo by tscheezy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2007