mtbr member
    Nov 2011

2011 Giant xtc carbon 29 @ interbike

Anybody ride this @ this years Interbike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rowe925 View Post
    Anybody ride this @ this years Interbike?
    It's really a 2012 and I just bought one a couple months ago. It is truly amazing. Wicked fast, ultra stiff when transferring power, very nimble in the tight stuff, climbs like a goat. The geometry is made for XC riding. I basically stripped it doen and put all my lightweight components on from my 26er.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I just joined the Giant club. Got one today! I will debut it sunday at the last round of the florida championship series. Looks fast in the kitchen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Please post some ride reviews when you guys get a chance. I'm between this frame or a 26" full squish as my next bike build. Everything I have read so far is that they are pretty fast and pretty stiff but very controllable and forgiving.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I feel real good about my purchase right now. The reviews are right. Strong acceleration, stiff but not punishing, although it is still a hardtail and will never compare to the full squish as far as letting you be lazy. One kick of the pedal and it is rolling, I think in this class every brand is like that, giant to me is just more bang for the buck. For example, the trail I just raced I rode last weekend on my full Springer and some of the flat and fast trails I would be around 13-14 MPH well on this bike I was seeing 15 and some16,s and thinking my computer was wrong. Not the case it allows you to maintain that speed much easier, keep in mind probably any bike in that class would too, but bang for the buck again. I did go over the bars big time yesterday, my fault trying to remount on a nasty downhill the bike came away without a scratch, not the case for me. Bottom line is I have a full suspension already so I have the best of both worlds, but when it comes down to buiseness I,m riding the xtc. I love it, and 24.03#,s with candy pedals, carbon bottle, and its not tubeless yet, is alright with me.

mtbr member
    The XTC is great isn't it?!? I love mine, although it's not the carbon version, mine is sitting at 25.08 lbs. And I still have a lot of things I'm trying to upgrade too.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    I also have the XTC Aluxx version, this bike is awesome and fast.