mtbr member
    Jun 2010

XX1 and chainstay clearance on the Hard Eddie

Hi,

I have a Hard Eddie in size M. Currently I'm using an XX crankset with 26/39 chainrings. Q-factor is 156, and arm length 175mm.
    Clearance between crankarms and the frame is about 7-8 mm. Clearance between the chainrings and the chainstay is even smaller. Probably about 5-6 mm.

I'm considering switching to XX1, and from what I can see from the frame fit specifications from SRAM, clearance is event tighter with XX1. According to the specs the single chainring on the XX1 crankset is spaced only 2 mm further out from the center of the frame than the inner ring on the XX crankset.

The XX1 chainrings are considerably larger than the 26T inner ring I am using now, so I'm concerned the larger XX1 chainrings may rub on the chainstay.

Anyone on here having successfully used XX1 on their Eddie?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by torsteinvh View Post
    Hi,

I have a Hard Eddie in size M. Currently I'm using an XX crankset with 26/39 chainrings. Q-factor is 156, and arm length 175mm.
    Clearance between crankarms and the frame is about 7-8 mm. Clearance between the chainrings and the chainstay is even smaller. Probably about 5-6 mm.

I'm considering switching to XX1, and from what I can see from the frame fit specifications from SRAM, clearance is event tighter with XX1. According to the specs the single chainring on the XX1 crankset is spaced only 2 mm further out from the center of the frame than the inner ring on the XX crankset.

The XX1 chainrings are considerably larger than the 26T inner ring I am using now, so I'm concerned the larger XX1 chainrings may rub on the chainstay.

Anyone on here having successfully used XX1 on their Eddie?

Hi, just bought a XX1 groupset for my H.E, but the Q-Factor that I choose is 168, I thinks is more according for this bike. This week I will build the groupset and will add some pics.