遅すぎ
    Apr 2008

WTB: Carbine Hanger / Right Dropout

After a trip to Utah that saw a lot of bike carnage, I figure having a spare dropout/hanger would be one of those things worth while stocking in my spare parts bin. I lost a shoulder bolt on the upper link on the trip despite blue locktite. An lbs out there luckily had a spare so I was saved. Would not want to ruin future road trips due to a bent hanger that's hard to come by.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding one for my carbine online (Jenson only has the 275 one) and I can't find it on Intense's website; LBS said they'd have to order one from intense and it would be about $90. Is that about right? Seems like a lot. I found some company out of Israel that looks the same for $48, but have found zero reviews for it. Anyone else have a source? Or know someone selling their old 26" dropout after converting to 275?

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    A little more searching answered my own question. I had to look for G1 dropouts instead of carbine specific. I then found it on Jenson for 75. Interestingly North shore billet makes one now which has much wider availability for $50 from their website. Street price online is low 30s. I managed to price match to Universal for $35 shipped. NSB's part # is DH0107. I'll bolt it up to see how it fits when I get it next week and post a quick review. At that price it's almost dumb not to have one in your pack.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    A little more searching answered my own question. I had to look for G1 dropouts instead of carbine specific. I then found it on Jenson for 75. Interestingly North shore billet makes one now which has much wider availability for $50 from their website. Street price online is low 30s. I managed to price match to Universal for $35 shipped. NSB's part # is DH0107. I'll bolt it up to see how it fits when I get it next week and post a quick review. At that price it's almost dumb not to have one in your pack.
    So, does it fit?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ^^^