Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: works blue

mtbr member

works blue

Does anyone have a works blue colored frame? Please post a pic. How is it holding up?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Seems good

Hey KROB, Works Blue 6.6 I've been riding seems to be holding up well. I just shined it up a bit yesterday,and it doesn't show a scratch so far... it looks great dirty, and even better cleaned up as it shows different colors depending on light conditions.

IMO, Intense's best color!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I love the works blue. Here's a teaser from Jeff on the Tracer frame...... eventhough it's not an option from what I understand.

Best looking 6.6 I've seen, King. Nice. When was the works blue an option on the 6.6... or is this a custom job?
    Attached Images Attached Images

A crunchy treat
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    I love the works blue. Here's a teaser from Jeff on the Tracer frame...... eventhough it's not an option from what I understand.
    That's CRC blue not works, which is lame, because I want a tracer in that colour.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

'08 custom

Best looking 6.6 I've seen, King. Nice. When was the works blue an option on the 6.6... or is this a custom job?
    Thanks KRob, it's a 2008, just got it and it was a special order for a bike shop fleet (Can't even order it otherwise they tell me).

Intense needs to offer all bikes in this color, it really is unique.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I have a works blue Socom, still looks good after a full season of riding. I have a knack for riding a bike once and making it look like it has a year's wear on it.

Here's an old pic -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    Thanks KRob, it's a 2008, just got it and it was a special order for a bike shop fleet (Can't even order it otherwise they tell me).

Intense needs to offer all bikes in this color, it really is unique.
    It wouldnt be unique if all their bikes were available in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Err
    I have a works blue Socom, still looks good after a full season of riding. I have a knack for riding a bike once and making it look like it has a year's wear on it.
    Here's an old pic -
    Do you have anymore pic of the color close up. Ive heard you can see the works through the paint.

mtbr member
    That is the best color I seen Intense offer sweet bike.I would pay extra to get that color for my 2008 Tracer Vp. from Johnny.G

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    kntr - you can definitely see through the blue.

Check out this thread for some good pics -
    New Blue SS!!!

mtbr member
    Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

SLO Mtn biker!
    Saw that blue on an M6 at Sea Otter and it was drop dead gorgeous!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    correct me if I am wrong,there is no more WORKS BLUE for 09 molde's?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I'll have to say, that in all my years of owning sweet bikes, including a few fairly exotic Nicolais, no bike has gotten as many looks or questions in the Whistler lift line as my Works Blue Socom. It really is an eye catching color.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuzuohang
    correct me if I am wrong,there is no more WORKS BLUE for 09 molde's?
    From what I was told, the website just isnt updated yet. The M6 will come in all the custom colors that the Socom comes in.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    From what I was told, the website just isnt updated yet. The M6 will come in all the custom colors that the Socom comes in.
    but what about the rest of line09? My LBS told me that 09 model wont come out with any custom color. less choies but same price ,you don;t have to pay another $$ for custom color

mtbr member
    Call Intense or maybe they will post.

mtbr member
    Here's my works blue SS:

Also here's more pictures:
    New Blue SS!!!

The color is definitly really cool looking. the only wear i notice in my paint is from the cable rub, some scratches from rocks, and also really really small scratches that you see on the top layer of the paint. They kinda look like the really small scratches you would find in glass, the ones you could only see under a certain angle.

Overall, i'm really happy with the color, just look at the pics^^

mtbr member
    The Tracer frame photos are the CRC team blue, it is the same transparent blue but sprayed over a metallic silver base.The works blue is Transparent blue over our "works" finish so every one looks a bit different.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    The Tracer frame photos are the CRC team blue, it is the same transparent blue but sprayed over a metallic silver base.The works blue is Transparent blue over our "works" finish so every one looks a bit different.
    Intense should build limited numbered edition CRC team blue frames for extra money..

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    yeah or at least put the blue CRC color into production after the CRC contract has expired. I think the CRC blue is the nicest blue I've seen on a bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saga
    yeah or at least put the blue CRC color into production after the CRC contract has expired. I think the CRC blue is the nicest blue I've seen on a bike.
    Ditto. I'd have me a tracer on order right now if it came in that CRC blue. Hubba hubba.

Who's CRC blue Tracer frame is that in the picture you posted earlier, Jeff? Maybe they're tired of it by now and want to sell.

mtbr member
    Ditto. I'd have me a tracer on order right now if it came in that CRC blue. Hubba hubba.

Who's CRC blue Tracer frame is that in the picture you posted earlier, Jeff? Maybe they're tired of it by now and want to sell.
    That frame belongs to Nigel Page who manages the CRC Intense team, there is a reveiw posted from him about his Tracer & the DB setup.We were talking today about this color as I agree it's a good one and we should do a limited production available on the Tracer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    That frame belongs to Nigel Page who manages the CRC Intense team.
    Oh. Well he's probably ready for a new Uzzi VPX by now.... the Tracer's old news. Tell him to ship it on over.
    Last edited by KRob; 10-30-2008 at 07:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Im with you guys on this thread, CRC Blue just looks amazing. .
    I've been drooling over the CRC Blue Tracer VP for ages, if Jeff is going to do a limited run of them i'll order a Medium one right now !!
    For Sale- Blur XCc'11+fox 120
    Litespeed Ardennes '09,
    Xc/Trail - Solo C Black
    AMl- Nomad C Green '13+36's

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm going to ask again, 'cos I'm still missing the answer

I've got a works Socom, and I want it to be works blue instead. After I've stripped the frame down and removed all the decals, what do I need to do (in terms of paintjob) to obtain that colour?
    I believe it's a straightforward translucent blue powdercoat - is that the right terminology? Maybe the Intense guys could chime in...

Edit: to clarify - the reason I want to know exactly what to do is so I can go into a local powdercoater and say "do X in colour Y to these two aluminium bits" and have them actually understand what I need - so far I've had responses from "translucent powdercoat??" to "we'll need to polish that first!"
    Last edited by SamB; 10-31-2008 at 03:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast