Dec 2006

who's gone from Carbine 275 to T275?

any comparisons out there?

was it worth changing to the new T275?

strengths weaknesses etc?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I had a Carbine 275 for a little over two seasons and I got the T275 in early April. The T275 feels very similar to the Carbine. Id say that there really isn't that much difference in performance. The fit of the T275 is better for me due to the longer top tube. The T275 does feel like there is a little more travel but again not that big of a difference. The main difference is in the extras that you get with the T275. The internal cable routing is nice. The truly ALL CARBON frame is also nice (Carbine has aluminum pivot bores and dropouts.) The frame looks better too. You can tell that the T275 is the next generation of carbon frames from Intense. Both bikes ride very similar, however, you feel like you are in the frame on the T275 as opposed to the Carbine, you feel as if you are on top of the frame. I also think the T275 is a little stiffer than the Carbine. The rear triangle is definitely beefed up. Due to both frames being very similar, I hope that Intense offers the Carbine as a shorter travel trail/ lighter weight bike in the future. Kinda like the Carbine SL was intended.
    Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Bear..I have the carbine and feel "on" the bike as well..., but could you share your height and the size of both of your frames? From my experience and research id say your assessment of both frames was spot on

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I would say depends on you riding style and how much $ you have for bikes
    If you are a little more cross country / climber stick with the carbine...nothing wrong with that bike
    If you want to ride heavy chunk / bigger drops and feel more under control T275 is the bomb
    I use my T275 for my all in one bike and will spend 8 hours in the saddle climbing & decending...superb bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I am almost 6'3" tall. I had a large Carbine and have a large T275. After riding Tiger Mtn. in Wa. state with a lot more rocks and roots (chunk), I'd say that the T275 definitely handles the rough stuff better than the Carbine. Stiffer, more travel and just a lot of fun! However, my brother now has my old Carbine and I rode it for some of the trail so I was able to do a side by side comparison. I had forgotten how snappy the Carbine feels on flat or uphill section. I definitely still love the Carbine. You really cant go wrong with either bike.