mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Where my Spider Comp Takes Me

There arenít enough riding stoke pictures in this thread. I tend to think we all just look at our bikes in our garages rather than riding them based on the posts (myself included).

I just took a four day trip with my wife from Silverton to Durango on the Colorado Trail. Amazing trip with all of the riding between 10.0k and 12.5k feet. You can barely see my Intense in one pic to keep this post on point in the Intense thread. I was helping out two lost motorcyclists who were not supposed to be on that trail. The riding pics are all of my wife in the distance on a Yeti, oh well.

Props to the guys at Hermosa Tours who dropped our camping stuff and provided a nice shelter and kitchen setup at each stop along with way.

Sorry for the instagram on the one pic, my wife loves that program.Where my Spider Comp Takes Me-one.jpgWhere my Spider Comp Takes Me-four.jpgWhere my Spider Comp Takes Me-three.jpgWhere my Spider Comp Takes Me-two.jpgWhere my Spider Comp Takes Me-five.jpg

Dude, got any schwag?
    Absolutely LOVE that area! Rode a sheet-ton of trails in Durango, including Hermosa creek trail out and back, then drove my Jeep up over Engineer's pass from Silverton to down near Ouray. Sampled a lot of Beer too...
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hermosa Creek is a fun ride as well and is much easier to access for a day's trip. They really do have some great riding in that area.

mtbr member
    It's fun to see someones pics of the area! I just moved to Durango in July and have the pleasure of now recognizing nearly all of those sections of trail. I'm in the process of buying a Spider Comp right now and can't wait to get it out on the trails! Thanks for sharing your pics!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Whaouuu smithrider,

Great landscape. Reminds me on my Vacation 1999 in Colorado...

@Ufdah
    So am i..... :-))
    My Spider Comp Frameset should be here tomorrow. And currently i am collecting Part to complete this beauty
    Sadly the Mountains around me are deep covered with Snow. Hope i can fill this Thread with Pictures where my Spider takes me soon....

Subscribed! :-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks! Zweigelt, I will be ripping up the Swiss Alps this summer with my wife (and on my Spider Comp), so I can check out your neck of the woods as well. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    give me a ring... two Spiders in the Swiss Alps are very rare... ;-)

just a small teaser to make you hot:

sorry for OT

Last edited by zweigelt; 11-26-2013 at 09:54 AM.