mtbr member

What would you take 2012 uzzi or SS2?

I'm currently on a carbon stumpjumper evo with a 36 160mm basically my enduro bike. I've done DH and park jumps on it but I want to put it on a diet for XC.

So I'm looking at a 2012 uzzi or a SS2 as my Gravity/DH bike. I though about a M9 or a 951 but I'm about 3 hrs from the nearest resort so I rather have a climber. Plus I'm pretty lite 5'8 and 135lbs.

What would you chose? Any advice be great!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    if you want a climber the uzzi would be the better choice with a full length seatpost, better angle and front derailleur capability. In fact with the G3 dropouts you can slack it out nicely and get close to the same geometry as the SS2 but with more travel for descending as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I agree. Having owned both, I would go with the Uzzi. pedals better with the full seat post, and longer travel option for more DH stuff. I had my Uzzi as a "one bike", but later threw on a Fox 40 and made it my DH bike, and got a NomadC for XC stuff. Pretty pumped on it, and it's fun to screw around with G3 settings.

I just don't see the appeal for a SS2, unless you just rode A Line and Freight Train 99% of the time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Latest uzzi is the right choice. I love my ss2 but I ride bike park most of the time.

In Armor We Trust
    For what you want, Uzzi geo definitely sounds right. The SS2 really seems like more of a quiver bike, not a do-it-all like the SS.
    DH: Intense 951
    AM: Transition Covert
    FG: KHS Flite 100