mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What is the shock spec for a 5.5evp?

Title says it all. I'm looking for e2e and stroke. (I could not find this anywhere..)
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

Old school BMXer
    7.5" i2i and 2" stroke.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Would a 7.67x2 cause any huge problems?

(My stock 4-way is starting to leak, but I have four shocks at the above spec. I'd like to use one of them in the interim while I fix the 4-way....)

I'm thinking it would steepen the HA a very little bit, and raise the BB a smidge, but would not cause any other major issues. Anyone have any comments?

~And thanks for your quick reply, this site rocks...

The "spare" is coming off an 03/04 Enduro...

Old school BMXer
    If you can make it fit, I see no problem in using it until you get your shock fixed. Keep in mind that if you run less sag to get the VPP set to the ideal position, you may be running less air in the shock than you need, and you may brake mounting bolts - but again, that's only if you try to compensate i2i by running less pressure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks. Good points, however I'd probably run 25-33% sag, and live with the slightly different geometry (who knows, maybe I'll like it) rather than fool around with compensating. My guess is that if I tried to compensate, the ride would also be too squishy, and it would climb like a beast.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm going to give it a go. If it does not work out, I've got other bikes to ride in the interim.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well a few things have changed, so I posted my questions on the Shock Forum:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...40#post5102340

What has changed is:
    The Enduro Spec is 7.87, not 7.67, so the extra length is more than double what I initially thought.

and

The Swinger from my Intense is not only leaking air, but it turns out that the housing around the upper eyelet is cracked and the shock is pretty much toast. This means that my situation could take longer to rectify, as I am looking at $300 to $400 to replace it with an RP23. I'll be searching for a good deal, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger until I think it through.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the advice, and wanted to post a link to my (now) doublepost. Since the situation got deeper, I moved the topic to the shock forum, as it's not really an Intense issue.