mtbr member
    Feb 2008

wacky ebay listing

Saw this while trolling for frames like I do when I'm bored...was wondering WTF as this doesn't look at ALL like an Intense frame I'd seen. Was wondering if its just older?

The description is pretty strange too. Strange Intense listing

The White Jeff W
    Says it has
    Brand new "Rocker Link" Cannondale rocker arm
    No moss...

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    wait, is the dumbass selling the frame or the bike?

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

It's back again...

This joker was trying to sell this same bike but as a frame-only earlier this year. Looks like he swapped out the linkage as well. More details here:
    Let's play "Name that Intense"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MondoRides
    This joker was trying to sell this same bike but as a frame-only earlier this year. Looks like he swapped out the linkage as well. More details here:
    Let's play "Name that Intense"

Aha! My BS meter was right. Wankers like this piss me off. I mean what is the point of defrauding some one like that? This is the reason why I post here and search all over the net for info. eBay is good for a frikkin laugh sometimes, but this crap makes me ANGRY!!

I asked a few pointed questions. I'll post the correspondence. I also reported it. Maybe this person got shafted. I don't know, but either way this one will hopefully not be sold to any unsuspecting riders.
    Last edited by Energetik; 01-05-2009 at 04:55 PM.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik
    Aha! My BS meter was right. Wankers like this piss me off. I mean what is the point of defrauding some one like that? This is the reason why I post here and search all over the net for info. eBay is good for a frikkin laugh sometimes, but this crap makes me ANGRY!!
    worse yet, someone will get killed on this piece of sh!t.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Anyone send this guy a message yet? Maybe we all should tonight so that he gets about 100 messages.
    We can also get ahold of Ebay and tell them about this.
    Pathetic!!!!!
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Funny,
    The seatstays and maybe the chainstays are genuine Intense.
    Not sure how he got them to fit, but the front is a Taiwanese catalog frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I did. sent this:

Dear mihmasa,

I'm a bit confused about this listing. The bike is not an Intense model that I am familiar with. Cannondale does not make rocker links like that. It looks like an Intense rear swing arm with a Giant or similar front triangle. You mention new items, but the drive train components are at 10 years old or so.

There has been discussion about this frame here: Let's play "Name that Intense"

Just curious as it doesn't seem right to me.
    Got this:

Dear deep_e21,

Hi, Thanks for the info. I have to refer it to my mechanic. Victoria
    I said I was interested to hear what her mechanic said.

I also reported it to eBay.

Let's try to be professional here and not act stupid. I mean there is slight possibility that this person got scammed herself. Either way it isn't for us to be morons to her. Karma's a ***** after all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't get hit with either an attempted scam or have someone get injured riding a bike that they thought had new components.
    I sent a professional message as well.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rufusdesign
    I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't get hit with either an attempted scam or have someone get injured riding a bike that they thought had new components.
    I sent a professional message as well.
    Perfectly understandable. I just didn't want to start a giant sh!tstorm. I am 90% sure this is a total scam so in that regard I do hope eBay smacks it down hard before some misinformed sod gets there hands on a dangerous frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    They actually never claim that the whole bike is an Intense. They state that it is an Intense "Racing Trailing Arm", Cannondale "Rocker Link" and "New Schwinn front frame decaled with Intense frame stickers".

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    True, but at least one of those is wrong as Cannondale doesn't use rocker arms at all. They're all single pivot, or single pivot derivatives. So that makes me wonder about the rest.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik
    Perfectly understandable. I just didn't want to start a giant sh!tstorm. I am 90% sure this is a total scam so in that regard I do hope eBay smacks it down hard before some misinformed sod gets there hands on a dangerous frame.
    i don't think this a case of someone accidentally coming across a nightmare bike.

check the seller's history, they sell all sorts of bike related trash.

this frame is bogus.

anyone selling bike parts on ebay and putting this POS on auction TWICE is running a scam.

Lets ride

Its a Schwinn.?

Quote Originally Posted by buildyourown
    Funny,
    The seatstays and maybe the chainstays are genuine Intense.
    Not sure how he got them to fit, but the front is a Taiwanese catalog frame.

The description calls it a "New Schwinn front frame decaled with Intense frame stickers". So someone took the Schwinn stickers off and put Intense ones one. Strange.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bog-one
    The description calls it a "New Schwinn front frame decaled with Intense frame stickers". So someone took the Schwinn stickers off and put Intense ones one. Strange.
    Weird, that's exactly the opposite of what was done all the time on the DH race circuits during the 90's

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Those would be rockers from an old Trek Liquid I believe....
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM