mtbr member

Which Vivid tune?

Does anybody know which Rock Shox Vivid tune is needed for Socom and the "old" Uzzi VPX? A or B? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If I remember correctly the A tune was only for the sunday.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

mtbr member
    OK, I did some more research and think the Socom (1:2.6) needs the "B" tune and the Uzzi VPX (1:3.1) the "C" tune. Anyone can confirm? And does the Vivid fit on a Uzzi?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider
    Does anybody know which Rock Shox Vivid tune is needed for Socom and the "old" Uzzi VPX? A or B? Thanks!
    You will need the B tune on the Socom- the Uzzi would be better with a C tune- but according to SRAM they are few and far between. You could probably tune the B tune to work on the Uzzi and just run a heavier coil to compenate for the increased leverage ratio.
    Don't drink it

biking is fun
    Yeah the C tune is what sram would recommend but in my experience and also the guys at go-ride.com suggest to use the one lower because the vivids tend to be over dampened.
    this is evident when you go through the spring rate suggestions and every single person said they had to go #50 lighter than their usual coil.
    so the B tune should probably work pretty good.

and as mentioned i hear it is impossible to get C tunes but i heard its pretty cheap to get the parts to change it into a C tune. just depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

also careful cause they are prone to crapping out easily. in my breif experience with them the 3 i have come in contact with have all died. 2 were mine and 1 my dads.
    the biggest thing is make sure not to back the rebound out all the way or it leaks oil and air. this is stupid because in there tuning suggestions they say to back it all the way out to start with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    LOL, i opened this thread expecting a run down of what music people listen to, or think about, when riding their Intenses!

"Vivid tunes for Intense bikes!"

here are my recomendations: -

Ascending:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

Descending:

Butthole Surfers - Human Cannonball

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KwZAkliM3nw

Ministry featuring Gibby Haines - Jesus built my hotrod

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=33tcRjgXU4s

Speedy J - Loudboxer LP

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C9w1l6qu91Q
    Last edited by fatwheeled; 01-10-2009 at 02:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    Yeah the C tune is what sram would recommend but in my experience and also the guys at go-ride.com suggest to use the one lower because the vivids tend to be over dampened.
    this is evident when you go through the spring rate suggestions and every single person said they had to go #50 lighter than their usual coil.
    so the B tune should probably work pretty good.

and as mentioned i hear it is impossible to get C tunes but i heard its pretty cheap to get the parts to change it into a C tune. just depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

also careful cause they are prone to crapping out easily. in my breif experience with them the 3 i have come in contact with have all died. 2 were mine and 1 my dads.
    the biggest thing is make sure not to back the rebound out all the way or it leaks oil and air. this is stupid because in there tuning suggestions they say to back it all the way out to start with.
    I was hoping they solved this by now. Oh well, guess I stick with the DHX. Thanks all for your help!