mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Uzzi VPX w/ Offset Shock Hardware?

Has anyone tried offset shock hardware on an Uzzi VPX? I have an '05 and was considering it. I plan to take all of the necessary measurements, and check for proper clearance, but I thought I'd ask here as well.

mtbr member

Socom

Ive actually had the same question for the Socom. This seems like a cheaper alternative to slackers or an angleset. Does anyone know if the offset shock hardware will have any affect on Geo aside from a lower BB and slacker HA? Will the offset hardware lengthen the chain stay like the slackers will?

Anybody use this seller on ebay?
    Offset Shock bushings | Mounting Hardware | Mount kit | All frames | Proshox | eBay

mtbr member
    An 8 MM shock shaft takes up a bit of room in the bushing, and that only leaves about 1.5 MM inset on each end, so I think it will not do much, unless they change out the bushing to a 6 MM and then it will not thread into the upper link. The only negative I see is it puts the VPP further into the movement of the suspension, on a position sensitive design.

Although relatively inexpensive, I wonder if you will feel 3 MM more sag on the bike?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm running offset bushes and slacker dropouts on an '07 with totems and cane creek step-down bottom race. The swing arm comes pretty damn close to the seat tube but they don't touch, even on heavy bottom out. Not sure about the head angle atm but probably around 65.5 - 66.5, bottom bracket sits a fair bit lower. The bike sits nicely on the fast stuff, feels very progressive and goes off big senders with very little buck, I can take my hands off the bars happily at 25mph on the road and the bike feels completely stable. The bike now feels very confidence inspiring and i'm launching off stuff that has been nagging at me for years! I will measure the bottom bracket height and fork angle and re-post.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    simeon, where did you get your offset bushings and what sizes (1,2,3mm) and is there a place i can get slacker dropouts for the 05 VPX?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Offsets/Slackers

you can get slacker drop-outs here: powell precision.com
    and these guys will sort you out with bushings:
    offsetbushings.com
    I have found recently on big bottom-outs I am rubbing the back tyre on the front mech cable mount - only a bit, but when it's a fast, hard landing it wakes you up a bit. It's only rubbed off a small amount of paint but I am going to an angle set up front and will replace the rear bushing with a straight one in the future. I've got a Hans Dampf 2.35 on the rear and a Dirty Dan on the front atm - it's like pedalling a tractor