Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

UZZI vp preproduction works blue

Here it is & this is very close to a production bike , just a few machined bits will change & downtube. I have settled on the adjustable travel @ 7" or 7.5" using a 8.75 X 2.75 keeping the leverage ratio in the sweet spot at around 2.5.depending on travel setting.
    We are incorperating the new "G3 drop out" that gives 3 way geometry adjustment to chainstay lenght, BB height & head angle. 1/4" change to CS & BB height & 1/2 degree on HA. In middle setting on G3 CS is 17.25" & BB @ 14" w fox 36 & 14.25" w 180 Totem.
    Recomended 160 to 180 forks, Head angle in middle setting on G3 is 67 with Fox 36 & 66 with 180 totem, you can figure the numbers in the other settings. Again as on the Tracer vp the travel adjust does not affect the geometry. Also 1.5 HT & machined in ISCG 05 and is Hammerschmit compatable, dropper seat post guides.
    So you can see how tweekable this frame is & there is Mega tire room even in the short setting.
    Works Blue will be a stock color!
    Attached Images Attached Images

CTB
    mtbr member
    Very very nice!

mtbr member
    Dropouts will be avail in 135mm or 150mm and 12mm or standard axle inserts.

NOJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Damm, just when I had swung to the Tracer...

You show us this!

A couple quick questions....

Seatube length and frame weight on a large? With coil.

Thanks in advance.

PS. This bike has to have sent DT back to the drawing board to re-think the re-thunk RFX.

nerfherder
    Just gorgeous. You may have posted this elsewhere but how about some wheelbase numbers? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Great does anyone know if the paint 2pac paint?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    Just gorgeous. You may have posted this elsewhere but how about some wheelbase numbers? Thanks.
    Medium with 180 WB is @ 45.25 in middle setting on G3, so 45" & 45.5" in short & long setting. Small frame will be 1' less & large @ 1" longer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Oh, I want one...

legal alien
    Jun 2007
    Wow, this is such a gorgeous bike!

Jeff, do you think this will still work as a trail bike in the lower travel setting and with a 160 fork? The main reason I ask is mostly due to the wheelbase being quite long when compared to say a similarly sized "all-mtn" bikes like the Nomad (e.g., large @46.25 in the middle drop-out setting compared to 45", though I think you did base the WB off a 180 fork). My large downhill bike actually has just about the same wheelbase (46.3), and I find it be a handful in tight, twisty situations. The other reason I ask is that the I noticed the seat tube now has a bend in it--I can't recall but don't think the other protos did--will there be enough insertion to allow for proper climbing post length + room to push saddle down for descending/tougher sections? I used to have a VP-Free and the bend was such that you couldn't have your cake and eat it too:-).

The bump up in travel to 7" doesn't seem to be a big deal as I imagine a normal human would be hard pressed to tell the difference between 6.75 and 7.
    Last edited by Resident Alien; 12-24-2008 at 03:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Holy sh**! The bike gets nicer and nicer! I don't think it can replace my old Uzzi though....but you always can add it to the stable, right?
    Any numbers on frame weight? Some of the protos used air shocks. Still an option?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Very nice, I like the revised travel numbers.

Is there more room to insert a seat tube than on the Socom? Just noting the bend as Resident Alien did and am wondering...

That blue is stunning, my Works Blue Socom got more looks and compliments this summer than any other frame I've owned.

mtbr member
    Wow, beautiful bike. Alas it's a bit more bike than I need for my riding, which is why I just bought a works red Tracer!

Think I had the pleasure of talking to Jeff "Mr Intense" on the phone when I called to get the flush lower link bolt. As always great service from Intense which is why I just bought my third bike from them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Alien
    Wow, this is such a gorgeous bike!

Jeff, do you think this will still work as a trail bike in the lower travel setting and with a 160 fork? The main reason I ask is mostly due to the wheelbase being quite long when compared to say a similarly sized "all-mtn" bikes like the Nomad (e.g., large @46.25 in the middle drop-out setting compared to 45", though I think you did base the WB off a 180 fork). My large downhill bike actually has just about the same wheelbase (46.3), and I find it be a handful in tight, twisty situations. The other reason I ask is that the I noticed the seat tube now has a bend in it--I can't recall but don't think the other protos did--will there be enough insertion to allow for proper climbing post length + room to push saddle down for descending/tougher sections? I used to have a VP-Free and the bend was such that you couldn't have your cake and eat it too:-).

The bump up in travel to 7" doesn't seem to be a big deal as I imagine a normal human would be hard pressed to tell the difference between 6.75 and 7.

The wheelbase will shorten a bit with the 160 fork maybe 1/2" and I have been riding the trails with the drop out set in the short setting & with the air shock.
    In the next week I will be building this one up in more of a trail mode as this is to much bike for me with the 180 and I will post some pics & numbers.
    The one in the photos weighs in @ 35#. This egg nog sure is good gotta go!
    Merry Merry Cheers, JS

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I ready to place my order NOW!

..ouch
    I've clicked back on this thread 4 times today just to stare at these pics.. Friggin beautiful work Jeff. I really like how this has evolved from the early protos.

nerfherder
    Thanks for the WB numbers Mr Intense. Looking forward to the trail build.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    fabulous

mtbr member
    Damn, wheelbase probably puts it a little too long for my purpose. Want a burly trail/park bike Mainly for Alpine trail riding with occasional visits to the park. I still need to be able to pedal it up hill and has to fit on tight singletrack. Hopefully it will be possible still do all this with a totem up front.

Underweight Rider
    *remind self to stop visiting this thread*

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    man that rocks!
    great feature with the adjustable dropouts, maybe it would have been cool to make them maxle compatible though. but with the x-12 standard and every 2 weeks some new ideas from the industry, i understand that it's hard to listen to everyone.
    you'll really do yourself a favour with the works blue stock colour, as anyone seems to like it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    Dropouts will be avail in 135mm or 150mm and 12mm or standard axle inserts.
    Anyone know if the axle inserts will work with a 10mm DT RWS?

nightmare.engineer
    Dec 2007
    are there any news on the frameweight yet?
    would it make sense to build it up as a more burly allmountain/lightweight freerider?
    this bike is just a dream!!
    i think i need to replace my Nomad!
    :-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    This is going to be the perfect bike for me!

Recovering
    Make one in XL and I will have no choice but to replace my current Uzzi with this new iteration.

What a nice holiday spirit-raiser. New toys for big boys and girls.
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Nice work Jeff. I've been checking back regularly for updates and this pre-production version looks spot on.
    I hope to see an XL available and this will be my next bike.
    Merry Xmas

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast